RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be composing an open letter to yamaha asking for the following:

1. Some amount of compensation for the riding time you're missing, whether that be monetary or in the form of factory part discounts (a much more feasible option).

2. The same warranty on powertrain that comes with new bikes (since the whole thing gets disassembled). Many of you have have almost no miles on yours, so that only fair.

3. To pay the dealerships the appropriate number of hours for this job (I don't have enough wrench-type background to know if 9 hours is enough, but it would certainly take me at least double that if I had to do it myself).

The idea will be to amass a petition complete with VIN #'s of warriors and roadstars. It will probably need to be some sort of e-mail chain, and I will volunteer to create a dedicated e-mail address to collect VIN #'s there. It's best if we add names to it as well, but not everyone will feel comfortable sharing that information. I intend to discuss the letter with my local yamaha shop and get test their temperature on it. Hopefully we can get a little assistance from the service guys in getting the word out to other warrior and road star riders who do not frequent this forum.

Anyone who thinks this idea is completely stupid and without merit, feel free to comment.

Also anyone who has advice on how best to work the logistics, please chime in.

I will be posting my letter in this topic in a couple of days and will also post an e-mail address to collect signatures.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ken, I'll be happy to work with you and support your efforts. Furthermore, Sean is looking for a letter-writer, possibly for this same purpose. You might want to drop him a PM.

Let me know how I can be of assistance.

Gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts