RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know the members opinions or ideas about a t.v. show I had thought of. I e-mailed the "Speed" channel

about my idea. I thoughta "garage" type show about motorcycles. Not just choppers or Harleys but all types, cruisers,

sport, duel sport, dirt, whatever. The show would "headline" a bike, new orold, each week.Maybe test ride it, etc.

I thought they couldalso cover different repairs or a rebuild, not necessarily on the "headline" bike, and maybe cover

somedifferent tools, after market parts and things. I've seen this type of show done for cars but not for bikes. I really

think it would be a good show so I'm going to try to keep getting the idea to one of the channels.

Please let me know what you think or if something else would be good. I'm not trying to sell the idea. I'm just tired

of watching chopper/Harley shows, there are alot of other bikes and riders in the world.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, like that. I figure that there are more people that have nonHarley/chopper type of bike

but they seem to air that, and with gasbeingso costly you'd probably be getting more people

purchasing bikes.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Good idea. Seems like all we get is theme bike builds which includes more family squabbles thanbike info& stunt riding which includes more stunt riding.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe there is/was a show on the Speed channel about V-Twins called American Thunder. I've only seen a couple of episodes, but it included a bike review, a how-to portion for modifications and alot of aftermarket product plugging. If I recall it mainly focused on american made v-twins (which is why I stopped watching).

I definately think there is a market for a metric cruiser program, I would tune in for sure.(or at least tivo it).

·
Administrator
29,678 Posts
Until about two years ago there were four mototcycle shows on Speed, all in a row every Tuesday night. It started with a show called Two Wheel Tuesday, later theymoved American Thunder into the group, and a couple others that came and went. Greg White hosted Two Wheel Tuesday, which was garage based mostly metric exactly as you've described. It ran a few years, many of us met at a local watering hole every Tuesday to join in. We learned some things and had fun.

Summer '06 it went away, and American Thunder slipped into its spot. The other two went away also. Tuesdays are now veryHD specific with American Thunder. But I'm in love with Michelle Smith since maybe 2001 so I have the recorder set to catch new episodes only.

Greg is still making films and shows but on his own terms: http://www.gregontv.com/

The problem with a garage based show is you can't gloss over mods and accessory installs, you have to show it happening.That meansit becomes bike specific. For HD's that covers a large audience. For metrics the per-bike audience is too limited. If you can overcome that obstacle, which Greg White could not overcome, then you'd have a shot at Speed Channel.

I googled and found this on the old show: http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/06/22/2-wheel-tuesday-no-more/

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Can I be the host? Churchkey could be the co-host. I can provide the pretty face and the wit while Church provides the know how. Have your people call my people.

Thought about it for a while and most bike shows have a pretty girl some where around so we had better bring in Princes.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I've e-mailed "Speed" channelfive times and haven't recieved a responce. But I'm

going to keep trying until I hear something.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Preacherman said:
Can I be the host, Churchkey could be the co-host. I can provide the pretty face and the wit while Church provides the no how. Have your people call my people.

Thought about it for a while and most bike shows have a pretty girl some where around so we had better bring Princes in.
Also a wild and crazy sidekick is needed! ME! LOL!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
NJWarrior said:
Well, I've e-mailed "Speed" channel five times and haven't recieved a responce. But I'm

going to keep trying until I hear something. 
Give us the email so we could also email them about this idea.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Preacherman said:
Can I be the host,? Churchkey could be the co-host. I can provide the pretty face and the wit while Church provides the no know how. Have your people call my people.

Thought about it for a while and most bike shows have a pretty girl some where around so we had better bringin Princes in.

And I could edit the script!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To e-mail "Speed" channel I've just been going to their website, then going to the "feedback"

link; http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

Thanks Honduranheat, but I get satelite (Direct) tv.I don't getany of the local stations on

the "v twin" link. Anyhow, my idea is about all kinds of bikes; dirt, duel sport, sport bikes

etc.

Well I'm just planning on continuing to e-mail them till I at least get someresponce.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I think an email campaign would be great. I'm sure if enough interest is generated, the big wigs would have to at least give it some thought. I've seen some of the other cycle shows, most were too "Harley-centric" for my taste. I like the premise of embracing all types of cycles/cycling.....i'd like to be involved with this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts