RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOHOO! Just ordered a set of wheels from Thomason Performance. Price was great (compared to other custom wheel shops) and Greg is very easy to work with. He sent me about 50 quotes before I decided what I wanted. Decided on 19" front and 18x8.5" rear for a 240 install. I did Midnight Splat in all satin black powdercoat. I'm excited, just like Christmas as a kid. Greg said he'd try to take pics as my wheels are being CNC'd so I'll reserve some space here when\if I get them. I'll definitely post the "after" when I'm done.

Check his stuff out...

http://thomasonperformance.com/

I don't have any affiliation with them other then as a customer and I don't get a referral kickback either so my opinion is just that, my opinion. Hopefully someone will find a design they enjoy.The process has been great so far.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Nice looking wheels....how much for yours?

Does he use the Yamaha cush drive setup, or does he make his own proprietary hub/pulley mount ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
SuicideD_45 said:

Does he use the Yamaha cush drive setup, or does he make his own proprietary huib/pulley mount ?
I also wonder about this?

and the wheels look pretty awesome. Definitely a decent option depending on prices.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He does make his own hubs, but I'm not sure if he recreates the Yamaha cush-drive or if he has his own design. I'll ask and get back with you.

For my custom sizes, they came in just over $2K to my door, but they are all different based on size, finish, and style. Stock sizes were a tadless.

If you are interested, give him a call. He has great designs, and I've checked, his prices are very competitive and much less when you consider you don't need to order adapters, rotors, pulleys, etc. befor you can pop them on your bike.

BTW, this not getting emails when you get responses to your threads stinks. Am I the only one with this problem?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
gblack771 said:
He does make his own hubs, but I'm not sure if he recreates the Yamaha cush-drive or if he has his own design. I'll ask and get back with you.

For my custom sizes, they came in just over $2K to my door, but they are all different based on size, finish, and style. Stock sizes were a tadless.

If you are interested, give him a call. He has great designs, and I've checked, his prices are very competitive and much less when you consider you don't need to order adapters, rotors, pulleys, etc. befor you can pop them on your bike.

BTW, this not getting emails when you get responses to your threads stinks. Am I the only one with this problem?
Thanx for the info...I'll have to contact them. The Yamaha design is definitely better, as I found out, when the Carrozzeria pulley drive hub failed after 10000 miles. I'm getting a new one made but not because the manufacturer is doing anything for me.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
gblack771 said:
No, many people have the same problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kind of like thinking my girlfriend is hot. You can get a chub, just don't tell me about it.

Thanks for the complement. Its a very good start.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
on/off? As in on the bike? If so, not yet.

The machinist (Greg Thomason) is taking them to the PC shop as we speak. He said he'd send pics of the front later tonight. They will be 100% satin black when is all done, but I'm certainly diggin' the raw aluminum too.

·
Registered
692 Posts
gblack771 said:
on/off? As in on the bike? If so, not yet.

The machinist (Greg Thomason) is taking them to the PC shop as we speak. He said he'd send pics of the front later tonight. They will be 100% satin black when is all done, but I'm certainly diggin' the raw aluminum too.
That was supposed to say "one-off", as in custom, as in nobody else will have a set like them. Either way I like them

·
Registered
153 Posts
DottoreItalia said:
SuicideD_45 said:

Does he use the Yamaha cush drive setup, or does he make his own proprietary huib/pulley mount ?

I also wonder about this?

and the wheels look pretty awesome. Definitely a decent option depending on prices.

Greg Thomason Wheels have been around for a few years now. We worked with him in designing the first set of "Warrior Specific" wheels.

[url]http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/26667/286559.aspx#286559[/url]

His current cush drive adapter setup will all you to run your stock warrior hub assembly on his wheels.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Done! :) Still have to have the spacers machined so wont get them mounted for a bit but they are on the way to my place now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! I have a feeling the rest of my bike is going to need a nice reconditioning after slapping this on though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts