RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends I called a Yamaha Canada Authorized dealer and tried ordering some parts including a new tank. The dealer told me it ( Part # 5PX-Y2410-M0-02 ) is showing on back order and that means they are still going to furnish the part for this motorcycle ( 2004 Road Star Warrior ).
Is the dealer correct in your opinion or has Yamaha put an end to all parts manufacturing for Warriors ?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there are some raw tanks remaining but they seem to have stopped supplying badges and paint, which was the prior reason for long lead times, but that is just my reading between the lines of the comments of others over recent years.
I saw Megazip.net shows availability for tanks and it says my color code online as well. I am not sure whether to order a new one or get mine taken to a body shop and repainted.

·
Administrator
28,376 Posts
Hopefully they actually do have some, but most of the time it turns out differently sorry to say. Its worth a shot to verify before paying.

Undamaged used tanks are plentiful so its worth the search and repaint. I decided to avoid 2002 tanks because of the amount of time they were in-service before the fuel tank recall. The under-tail welds could have been weakened (see the recall section, and see the thread about warriors that sprung a fuel leak). But that's just me.

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Never heard of Megazip but I doubt they have any "in stock". Write to them instead of just ordering and see what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts