RS Warrior Forum banner

Orient express discounts

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Penzoil 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if Orient Express offers discounts to members? If so what code do I type in. I tried the new "Search" function and ended up in la-la land.

#5 ·
quote:Originally posted by ridingrules

I'm being lazy asking this question, but does OE still offer cam kits for the warrior?

After having a set of OE lifters go bad. I switched my OE cams for PR cams. I can tell you there is no comparison PR makes much better stuff. Don't waste your money on OE. The PR cams make more power off idle all the way to redline.

#6 ·
The "new" OE cams seem to be the same profile as Speedstar.Reason I know is that I have both sets of cams (its a really long story)& had them compared.If you talk to OE or look in their catalog it is stated that stock lifters can be used with their "new" cams.I also hsd lifter go bad w/orig.OE cams which caused teeth in cam gears to chip.Lifter was replaced by OE's vendor & it wouldn't pump up.The orig.OE cam kit was better performong than current one.In defense of OE, the ceramic lifters formerly used by them look to be the same as PR ceramic lifters & as I recall some members had probs.with the PR lifters.

#7 ·
Check this out, I am very happy with the OE mods on my warrior. 106 RWHP and 130 RWTQ. Dyno sheet on my warrior page.

But then again, I could be wrong. Its probaly the Patrick Racing filter / intake that unleashes the monster.

Cant wait for the track to open and feel what this monster will do in the 1/4 mile.

#8 ·
Right there with you. I Love my OE 108 Big Bore.

quote:Originally posted by 108CI_Warrior

Check this out, I am very happy with the OE mods on my warrior. 106 RWHP and 130 RWTQ. Dyno sheet on my warrior page.

But then again, I could be wrong. Its probaly the Patrick Racing filter / intake that unleashes the monster.

Cant wait for the track to open and feel what this monster will do in the 1/4 mile.

#10 ·
quote:Originally posted by btm_fdr

The "new" OE cams seem to be the same profile as Speedstar.Reason I know is that I have both sets of cams (its a really long story)& had them compared.If you talk to OE or look in their catalog it is stated that stock lifters can be used with their "new" cams.I also hsd lifter go bad w/orig.OE cams which caused teeth in cam gears to chip.Lifter was replaced by OE's vendor & it wouldn't pump up.The orig.OE cam kit was better performong than current one.In defense of OE, the ceramic lifters formerly used by them look to be the same as PR ceramic lifters & as I recall some members had probs.with the PR lifters.

You got it there man. Both vendors used, or still use Schubeck lifters. They are very spendy units. Problem is they have had quality issues with the lifters. Nothing can ruin a cam quicker. I am surprised to hear that OE says you can now use stock lifters with their cams. Something is definately changed.

#12 ·
Got to let it breath my friend to get the hp #'s up there.....

OE 108, Ported & Polished Heads +2 Valves, Speedstar Cams, Speedstar Valve Springs, Speedstar Cam Kit, Ported & Polished Exhaust Manifold, Speedstar ECU & Rinehart Exhaust System with Monster Baffles and Yes, stock lifters replaced with stock lifters....

100.2 hp & 121 ftlbs. with slow me down 240 Fat *******. Add 6 hp & 6 ftlbs with stock 200 rear tire.

quote:Originally posted by fcwarrior

I like my OE 108 kit and have 125ft/lbs but 'only' 92hp. Probably should have done some headwork.......ah well....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.