RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other manufacturers that make an air ride like Tricky Air? I have heard some horror stories about them and was wondering if anyone has used or heard of any one else that make a similar product. Looking to do this for my winter project....I already am using the lowering kit from CI...So as you can see I want the height back for the ride....but I want to slam it down for when the bike is parked....

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
TBone mentioned in a topic about another company with a lifetime warranty on their products... I don't remember what the name was though...

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Here is the link from TTBone.

http://www.bikebuddypro.com/

But there is another mod you need to do before this one, can you remember which one?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3 Posts
You Mean leaky air???I have a tricky airide and all it does is leak,There is another co.out there but i dont remember the name.
I was quoted about 750.00 with remote or 650.00 w/o Let me know
I will give you the shops number that distributes this..

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am considering a lowering kit, However, I can't bring myself to compromise ride hieght just to make it look cool while parked. Any help with alternate systems would be appriciated. After reading this string I don't think I want to part with close to a G. just to have issues with the tricky air. I do alot of distance riding and cannot compromise reliability. Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Heard that Tricky air has fixed all their problems and also better to work with and are trying to repair there name.....any truth to that? was looking at the tricky air ride myself, for 800 bucks not to bad a deal.....

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have the new Tricky Air and have not had any issues so far. I have filled it with air all the way and let sit for about a week. I didn't notice any pressure loss. Also the new version has an adjustable dampening screw. I have not messed with that part yet though. Anyway, I am happy with mine so far(3 months, and @ 1500 miles), and the ride is pretty good. I would buy it again.

·
Registered
803 Posts
quote:Originally posted by TW1STED

Has anyone installed the tricky air by themselves? If so, is there any helpful hints you can provide on install?
I did mine myself. Putting the compressor under the seat is kind of a pain. If you take your time, it's not that hard to do. I'll take a couple pics and post them this afternoon so you can get an idea where everything goes.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Here you go. Where the compressor is, there is a bracket holding some fuses. That bracket is removed and fuses tucked underneath, and to the side. It fits perfect without that bracket and actually opens up a lot of room. Anyway, hope this helps. If you need any more info, pics, or help, let me know............

Insert Image:

86.08KB

Insert Image:

69.01KB

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Curious - if you put this on and you already have the BMS Lowering kit with the adjustable dogbones, do you put your stock dogbones back on or keep these in??? It seems that they both do the same thing - except this becomes adjustable on the fly versus a fixed position.

·
Registered
531 Posts
You should be able to keep the lowering dogbones on. Does the Tricky have a minimum height adjustment? You might be able to bottom the whole bike out(in park of course) if you want to by keeping the lowering bones on.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think the potential problem with that is, if you lose air pressure for some reason the tire will be hitting the fender and you wont be able to ride it. I think if you lose pressure with the stock dogbones, you will still be able to ride it. I could be wrong though...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts