RS Warrior Forum banner

Our Recall & the Detroit International Bike Show

932 views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  aztech 
#1 ·
One of my favorite international events is coming to Motown & I'm getting the feeling that I wanna grill one of these Yamaha corporate sells & factory reps in a tone (but an orderly tone) that others around can hear.

You guys got any concerns you want address? I wanna know about the kits, vibration & performance concerns after kit installtion & how does Yamaha feel about thier customers dismay, I think they owe us something, like an official apology at least, address to rswarrior.com & to thier users, anything else?

http://det.motorcycleshows.com/imsdet/V40/index.cvn

#3 ·
Waste of Time hammering a Representative Sales person. Top Executive might be what you want to be looking for. They are normally there, just ask for the top exec on site. Then give him our forum site. Bring a **** laptop with you and have him browse our recall forum. Then give him a quick slap upside the head for all of us and tell him to bring it back to Corporate HQ's and pass it along.

#8 ·
Atta-boy DarkStar. Oustanding!

Aztech, why don't you start by asking the reps, execs, or whoever, how they would like to buy a new mercedes, then have its engine stewn all across a workbench after driving it just a few thousand miles? Oh, and don't forget to mention to them that it might take six months to get it fixed and they must still make the monthly payments, EVEN though Mercedes tells them not to drive it!!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid, errrgggggg..aaahhhhhhhiiiiiii!

#11 ·
Well I did talk to a engineering rep at the show & he said that yamaha are making the kits as quickley as possible & FLYING them out around the world. He made a big deal about this 'cause usally they just send parts out overseas on boats. He also mention that yamaha are "throwing in" the piston rings "for free". Also, there was this guy from the star rider group kissing this rep's rear pleading w/ me not to be so concern cuz "you know $hit happens type of additude" and the dealer that i'm dealing w/ has a good track record. I checked it out, it seems to be the case.

I got money to owe on this bike & I got the extended warranty which I hope is a good selling tool...& I want to keep the miles down, just incase I sell. But this is what I'm gonna do - I'm going to take a chance & keep my RSW but I'm not going to "mod it out" much, I'm just gonna take the money I was planning for mods & just save it to get a second bike...like the vmax or thunderbird sport, I'm gonna try to make peace w/ this recall $hit for now, peace

#15 ·
At the show, ask for Casey Oshido (Japanese). He is/was the president of Yamaha Motor Cycle division (I think). He rides a FJR1300 and ask him how he would feel if his bike was about to get tore down and put back together by a tech at a dealer. Might not get much of a response as his English is so-so, but I'm sure that everyone listening would be interested in his response. Tell him to "visit" this site and tell us we are not getting screwed. Or better yet, have him contact the class action lawsuit lawyer and lets get this resolved ASAP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.