RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok tonight i wentout for a short ride and wanted to rip on her a little. Well i thoughti was in5th gear but instead i was in 4th hitting rev limter for a while,thenthe bike backfired and cut out a little.The bike was doing 110mph and still climbing.Any damage at all?THANKS!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for quick responce.Yeah i didn't thinks so but wanted comfort that i didn't hurt my baby.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Rev limiter is there for a reason. Try down shifting at 110 to 4th, back end locks up, tail does this wiggle thing, and on you go. At least 10,000 since I last did that, and no adverse effect.

·
Administrator
30,111 Posts
Hey I was in McMinneville and Sheridan and Gaston most of today. It was all work, of course, but its really cool about the Sheridan high school girls volleyball team winning state,huh? They had a party and parade on Bridge Street today, emergency vehicles and sirens and all 28 locals showed up. Okay I'm under-reporting the crowd gathering. It was fun but very short. I was stuck in traffic until the event cleared out . . . small towns crack me up - so I figured what the heck might as well participate!

pwarrior said:
Ok tonight i wentout for a short ride and wanted to rip on her a little. Well i thoughti was in5th gear but instead i was in 4th hitting rev limter for a while,thenthe bike backfired and cut out a little.The bike was doing 110mph and still climbing.Any damage at all?THANKS!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Somebody please explain this to me. How are all you guys doing well over 100mph??? Do you all live out in the country or something? If I were doing anywhere near 100mph around here I would for sure get a ticket and a mandatory court appearence. I read things on this forum where people regularaly go insanely fast without consequences. The cops in the Minneapolis, twin cities area will pull you over for going 5mph over the speed limit. Maybe I'm just conditioned to my enviornment. Where do you get away with this all the time?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Somebody please explain this to me. How are all you guys doing well over 100mph??? Do you all live out in the country or something? If I were doing anywhere near 100mph around here I would for sure get a ticket and a mandatory court appearence. I read things on this forum where people regularaly go insanely fast without consequences. The cops in the Minneapolis, twin cities area will pull you over for going 5mph over the speed limit. Maybe I'm just conditioned to my enviornment. Where do you get away with this all the time?

You just gotta ask yourself................Is this my lucky day?

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Mike Panczyszyn said:
Rev limiter is there for a reason. Try down shifting at 110 to 4th, back end locks up, tail does this wiggle thing, and on you go. At least 10,000 since I last did that, and no adverse effect.

Rev limiter won't help you there....you can and will hurt the motor doing that.....or crash from a rear wheel slide.....it's best to avoid doing that.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Scoper50 said:

Come ride with some other local Warriors & we will show you.

Yes I live in the country & when I ride in the city I never go over the speed limit! just ask the others

Mike

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Hey I was in McMinneville and Sheridan and Gaston most of today. It was all work, of course, but its really cool about the Sheridan high school girls volleyball team winning state,huh? They had a party and parade on Bridge Street today, emergency vehicles and sirens and all 28 locals showed up. Okay I'm under-reporting the crowd gathering. It was fun but very short. I was stuck in traffic until the event cleared out . . . small towns crack me up - so I figured what the heck might as well participate!

? Mike, I think it's time to put the Alaskian Amber down and step away from the keyboard. J/K Have one more for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tomasa said:
Arizona Warrior said:

? Mike, I think it's time to put the Alaskian Amber down and step away from the keyboard. J/K Have one more for me.
?

this made an ALASKAN hurt............[:'(] as for doing 100mph. it is all in the timing. it doesn't take that long

1 - 12 of 12 Posts