RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: The raw 280 swingarm has been sold. I picked up 2 more swingarms from powder coat and have one that I will cut a crazy deal on.......the price is $620 on this arm, call me for details (775)351-8221
Seems like all the sudden my core returns are coming back and I had purchased 3 on top of this... I don't have any special priced 260's(sorry) but I have a raw arm that I will let go for $570, and a powder coated arm for $ 675 that includes rear pulley spacer. This is over $100 off. We can do a few things on these, you can buy them outright for $250 additional. Or send me your arm and I can send one back to you. Or even if you are waiting for winter you can pay now and I will set it the the side then when winter rolls around and your bike is torn down send me your stock arm then and I can ship this at the same time. I am easy to work with so we can always figure something out. I just seen that I have 6 swingarms and thought I would try to do something to help a couple guys save some loot :D

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
You've been a great vendor of products and knowledge, you're more concerned about satisfaction and pride than profit.

With the spacer mentioned, can you run stock size wheel while saving $ for grande' wheel/tire and aftermarket fender? Can you run a 250 or 260 on a 280 arm? Sorry I didn't look this up but how does the $675 280 arm compare to a PC 260 arm price wise.

Thanks Kyle!

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've been a great vendor of products and knowledge, you're more concerned about satisfaction and pride than profit.

With the spacer mentioned, can you run stock size wheel while saving $ for grande' wheel/tire and aftermarket fender? Can you run a 250 or 260 on a 280 arm? Sorry I didn't look this up but how does the $675 280 arm compare to a PC 260 arm price wise.

Thanks Kyle!
Thank you! :D

Yes you could install this arm and the small spacers also and use your stock wheel just fine, you could always put the spacers on once you get your wheel modified also. A few ppl have gone this route.
Price wise you are getting one smoking deal and only about a hundred more then a 260 set up... that was a good question I had to double check but yeah for roughly $100 more you get a 280 arm at this price point. I think I will pull the trigger and buy one:p

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Based on your January 2011 pricing thread.
Raw 280 sale price $570, regularly $679;

Powder Coated sale $675, regularly $779.

Raw 260 $469, PC $569

I made the time to look it up and ttt.
Besides the ability of a 280 tire, is there any other benefit to a 280 arm over 260? Same fabrication process in regards to welding and adding material? Do you need pulley spacers for the 260 arm?

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If a person was not going to run 280 there really would not be a point in getting it for a 260 except resale. Someone buying the bike might like the fact the the 280 arm was already purchased. As far as fabrication a 280 arm takes a whole lot of time and material compared to a 260 arm build. And no rear spacers are required on a 260 swingarm.

·
Premium Member
5,628 Posts
If a person was not going to run 280 there really would not be a point in getting it for a 260 except resale. Someone buying the bike might like the fact the the 280 arm was already purchased. As far as fabrication a 280 arm takes a whole lot of time and material compared to a 260 arm build. And no rear spacers are required on a 260 swingarm.
What extra spacers are you having to run on your 280 swingarm other than the stock ones that come on the bike?Just haven't heard of having to do that.I can run a 200 to a 280 on my 280 swingarm.The only spacer i have is the one that spaces the rear pulley out.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like all the sudden my core returns are coming back and I had purchased 3 on top of this... I don't have any special priced 260's(sorry) but I have a raw arm that I will let go for $570, and a powder coated arm for $ 675 that includes rear pulley spacer. This is over $100 off. We can do a few things on these, you can buy them outright for $250 additional. Or send me your arm and I can send one back to you. Or even if you are waiting for winter you can pay now and I will set it the the side then when winter rolls around and your bike is torn down send me your stock arm then and I can ship this at the same time. I am easy to work with so we can always figure something out. I just seen that I have 6 swingarms and thought I would try to do something to help a couple guys save some loot :D
from the fist post "includes rear pulley spacer"

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still would like to get rid of a few of these soon! call me (775) 351-8221 and we can work something out, winter is around the corner...I will be slammed and you will be wanting a FAT TIRE! LOL! never gonna find a better deal on a 280 arm then this one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
still would like to get rid of a few of these soon! call me (775) 351-8221 and we can work something out, winter is around the corner...I will be slammed and you will be wanting a FAT TIRE! LOL! never gonna find a better deal on a 280 arm then this one.
For a newbie, can you explain the difference (and price difference too) between a RAW arm and if I bought the ENTIRE setup?

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
what do you think $1799 for a swingarm and pully or $570 for a swingarm? For $1799 you can buy kev's swingarm get your rim widened buy the tire and a hidden caliper bracket. Granted patten cycles is selling you a custom made swingarm where as kev's swingarms are modified stock.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
forgot I had this post up! lol :0) Thanks MadTom for getting back to him for me haha.. Yeah a raw arm is unfinished, so I modify them and send them out for you to finish with paint or powder coat. Yes they are a great price, and a great way to get your wide tire with out breaking the bank. We can also modify your stock wheel to 10" for $695.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok. Thanks. Give me a couple months and I'll be up to speed. Just tryin to learn what I can. Still gettin the hang of the bike. Burnt my leg a couple times already. Lol.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE: The raw 280 swingarm has been sold. I picked up 2 more swingarms from powder coat and have one that I will cut a crazy deal on.......the price is $620 on this arm, call me for details (775)351-8221

1 - 20 of 30 Posts