RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the TourChoice Original seat or the Potato Chip seats from these guys? I picked up a corbin dual tour seat from a forum member but I might be a little too tall for it (I'm 6'2"). Haven't decided yet. The stock seat is aweful, my tailbone is screaming after 30 minutes on it, so i need to do something. Looks like these guys reshape the pan and set you down a little lower than stock seat height. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
I used them years ago. Love my seat.

However, their customer service SUCKS. It took months, they would not answer email or the phone. And when I got it, they called me a month later claiming I hadn’t paid. I told them my credit card bill proved otherwise, and if they tried to charge me again I would file fraud charges. They hung up and I never spoke to them again.

Over the years, their reputation has gotten worse if anything.

If you have a local car upholstery guy, you should go there. They can even insert a gel pad for you. I doubt he would charge any more than they do.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
You can also do a forum search for the
DYI seat mod...
There's a great write up on how to do it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
I have a potato chip and love it and I had to go thru a couple different seats settle on this one. I bought mine /traded seats with a forum member so can't vouch for dealing with pcs directly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
I have dealt with PCS in the past and did not have any problems with them. it took a little longer than stated to get my product but I got it and when I called them someone always answered. I have heard however that other memebers have had issues with their service so it is probably a hit and miss thing however their product ie the potato chip seat is top notch

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Best bet is to find a local guy/upholstery and they can insert a gel pad, cut stock foam or replace with several different grades of memory foam, they can drop you down or push you back, recover with the stock cover or go totally custom.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
One of my bikes had the 2003 stock 2 up seat reworked by PCS and it is really sleek and surprisingly comfortable.
IMG_20160731_1236058.jpg

·
Registered
220 Posts
I currently have an order in with them for a couple things including the potato chip seat. It's definitely taking longer than expected to receive it but when I called a week ago someone picked up and they were very polite and helpful. Unfortunately, I still don't have 3/4ths of my order but I'm trying to be patient, the dude I spoke with looked into it and told me they are waiting on the cables and lines to come in then they'll send the rest of my order.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input guys, I found a local guy thats gonna take a look at my seat this weak. If it doesnt pan out, i'll just go with one of the seats from PCS.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I sent them my stock seat to rework, took 4 months, calls, finding the owners' personal number. NEVER dealing with them again. The seat's ok in my opinion. I'm 6'5", 20 min was my max, having them do the rework extends my rides to about an hour before I have to jump off and stretch the back out and get some blood in my ass.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Honestly it's very ez DYI project..
I did it on my OE seat..
Guys should do forum search for the
DYI tread, and just tackle it yourself....

Way better than dealing with a company like that.....

Just my Opinion......

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts