RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the site for several weeks now and love it. But I keep on getting a 404 error when clicking fast. Can you look into this it does it at home and work.

It seems like a iis thing if you are using windows. Maybe your simotailis user count is to low?

Thanks, Jason

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Are you getting 404 messages, or 500 error messages???

I do know that the site is having problems with a "Network Busy" error way too much! But a 404 error? The site is now set up with a custom 404 error... 404 is file not found try ithttp://www.rswarrior.com/this_link_will_not_work.htm you should get a page that says this file was not found! A 500 error on the other hand will not.

Please let me know!

CarKnee

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Until this is ironed out...

When you get the error just hit Reload/Refrsh and it should load the page OK. If not, hit it again... It should load after a few tries.

I am going to have to elevate this issuse to a manager...

CarKnee

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry it is a 500. HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer
It happens all the time and takes a while to get past it, refresh 2-20 times.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still having major issues. I hit reload but it seems to lok up for a min or two then works again. The trouble is that it happens on like every fith page I go to, making it hard to browse the site. Some days are better than others but seems to happen about 85% of the time I am on. here is the error:

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
In Internet Explorer, can you go to :
Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Browsing --> Enable Friendly HTTP Error messages

Make sure that is not checked, then when you get the error again, can you copy and paste the new message???

Thanks,
CarKnee

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
In english please. I'm getting these errors all the time. Is it my computer having the internal server error or is on the other end. It only appears to be an issue with this web site. I'm getting script errors all the time also. I'm not sure if this post will even go through.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The errors are related to the server. It is usually a network problem or a SQL Server problem.

There is nothing that you can change on your end to make it better. The web host needs to really analyse their network and find the problem!

I emailed them last night, and I will call again today to see the latest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts