RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a suggestion. This page not found or network busy message is killing me. I type a response and hit submit and get the error then when I go back the response is no longer there because the page is set to refresh. So I have to retype it.

I don't know what your code is like but is it possible to turn off the page refresh so it is not on ever page. There is no need to refresh when you go back to a response form or when your surfing the gallery. This might clear up some traffic also. Instead of reloading every pic when you hit the back button in the gallery would make that faster to. Also your response on the submit forms would be still there and you could just resubmit instead of retyping everything.

Jason

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
If I change the code to cache the forum pages then you will not see newly posted messages without manually doing it yourself.

Only the forum pages are set up to not cache, and forces a refresh.

As for the Network Busy errors, I will call the host and see what they can do....again!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I don't think you are going to resolve that issue with the host. I was just trying to look for a work around to make life easer. Still the best and now one of the only RSW forms /emoticons/emotion-5.gif Do you have a pay pal set up for donations?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
One think I just did, which may help until the new T's get installed is I removed the Gallery page with all the thumbnails.

If performance increases then I will leave this page out, otherwise I will put it back in.

C

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Page Not Found, Internal Server Error 500 is enough to make me scream sometimes. I lose more posts that way and then just give up out of frustration and won't re-type.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I highlight everything I type and copy it before hitting the submit reply button every time now out of habbit. That way when I get the error, I don't have to re-type, just paste.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Hey, I found this works, when you get network busy just hit refresh, don't go back. If it still says network busy, hit refresh again. Keep hitting it till you see a forum page. Once you get this far your original post will be posted. Don't beleive me, try if for yourself, I do it all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts