RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint the 102.It says in the mod's to remove the cover.If I remove it do I need to put a new gasket in there? What does it cover[?]thanks Dwayne..

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Isle,
There is no gasket that I can remember[?] I have not read the instructions that are posted here, but what I did was once I removed the cover I used masking tape to cover the entire piece (two layers) then I used an X-Acto Blade to carefully cut out the 102. I also used high temperature metallic aluminum spray paint. Take a look at my gallery picture's, I have a close up of the 102 painted. Looks Trick!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Darkstar,I saw your pics I like the looks of it painted.I was thinking of doing it in indigo.not sure if it would be to dark against the black casing.might try it to see how it looks if its to dark I will do it a lighter color. I take it that you havent received the money order yet?should be along soon.nothing like snail mail.LOL.talk to ya later.Dwayne..

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Yea, I tried the Dark Purple myself. Too Dark! That's why I went with the Metallic Aluminum. No Payment as of today. Soon I am sure.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Darkstar, I wont waste my time with the indigo.ps check out the gallery put a pic in there of my bike ,taken in NH.We was in the parking lot of MT.Washington.thats me second from right.Later Dwayne...

·
Registered
683 Posts
its just a dresser cover no gasket.some guys have even made it easier by just hand painting it on the bike with testors model paint.its a very simple thing but it sure makes a big difference once you paint it.i am pretty sure my torque was increased and i know for sure i had more hp after painting the 102
good luck

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Isle,
Not that I can see you at all, especially with those beautiful mountains all around you guys. Still coming down on the 14th[?]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by boogie man

its just a dresser cover no gasket.some guys have even made it easier by just hand painting it on the bike with testors model paint.its a very simple thing but it sure makes a big difference once you paint it.i am pretty sure my torque was increased and i know for sure i had more hp after painting the 102
good luck
Thanks boogie man,that sounds easier.maybe a few beers and i will paint the whole thing[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].I hope buy doing this i will now be able to beat my in law on his X[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]LOL.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

Isle,
Not that I can see you at all, especially with those beautiful mountains all around you guys. Still coming down on the 14th[?]

Those are beautiful mountains,hard to keep your eyes on the road.Except for the million MOOSE warning signs.lol.yes I will be there on the 14th.Maybe even the 13th.will see how work is going.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started to take the cover off that has the 102 on it.theres 6 bolts in it and when I slacked the bottm bolt a little oil came out of it.I tightened the bolts back up and left it until I get more info.If theres oil there then there must be a gasket.I dont want to take it off until I know for sure.I looked at painting on the bike but I think it would br easier to do it off of the bike.Can I take this off without losing oil? What does the thing cover? Thanks Dwayne...

·
Registered
683 Posts
it is a dresser cover that covers a switch,you should not have any liquid of any kind in there....you are either removing the wrong cover or it has liquid in it because it was loose on top,there isn't a gasket,in fact i removed this twice,once for painting and once to replace the cover with the billet cam cover.if it was loose on top it could have liquid in it from washing the bike but there should not be oil in that cover

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm trying to remove the only cover with 102 on it.I thought at first that only the top piece above the chrome cover came off but it is all one piece with 6 allen head bolts. Is this correct.If it is then when I removed the bottom bolt OIL started weeping from it. Is it possibe that I have another problem?There is no oil leaking anywhere. Thanks Dwayne...

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rick , I was going to use testors model paint in silver color.havent done it yet ,waiting to get some info on removing the cover.later dwayne

·
Registered
934 Posts
There are ONLY "5" allen head bolts 3 up from "102" and 2 bottom of "YAMAHA" both sides. There is nothing under it but a wire connection.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by wirenut

There are ONLY "5" allen head bolts 3 up from "102" and 2 bottom of "YAMAHA" both sides. There is nothing under it but a wire connection.
Ok ,I need to try it again,I slacked 6 bolts[xx(].The very bottom one appeared to be part of the cover.thanks for the info,Dwayne..

·
Registered
309 Posts
i just used some paint pens you can get at any walmart or store like that. It comes in metalic aluminum. I used the fine tip and it worked fine. I couldnt paint in the lines that well and just used some Vandel Marker remover or some marker remover spray and it wiped right off. In all it took 4 min or so. It's been 3 weeks and still looks great. I also had some white paint pens and painted the "bridgstone" and "Battleaxe" on the wheels... looks great. but break dust will cover it over time.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by RickPullins

Is the model paint rated for hot surfaces? I would love something with a reflective finish like chrome, but am worried about the heat.
I dont know if it is or not .I will let you know next week.I'm heading for New Hampshire,so it will be a good test to see if it will stand it.7 hour ride.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts