RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
30,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BTW a couple weeks ago I received a kind response to my recent email to Jeff Palhegyi at Palhegyi Design. You know me, I always ask because things change over time and I'm often pleasantly surprised. Jeff was super nice. But still, he said the 2004 custom headlight bezel from the photo shoot (article below) is still not affordable in the market. Too bad, my dream is dashed. Maybe someone in-the-loop will kindly post a better pic of that bezel here, its floating around here someplace.

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=12&article_id=268&page_number=8

·
Administrator
30,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On some of the calendar pics back then it was clearly just a bezel. It seemed to be the stock Warrior headlight bucket, plus there was a brief posting on the Yami accessory website for the bezel. These pics are in this forum someplace but over time things get harder to find via search.

Yes the Headwinds (Mariah?) is an excellent choice - but $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The funny thing is, if you go to www.starmotorcycles.com and go to the'build your own' format, at the bottom right of the homepage, then go to Warrior, then go to 2005 model year,you can still put the infamous headlight bezel on your bike.

It has a part number (STR-5PX58-10-00), and a price ($58.95)

I wonder what that means....................................

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Maybe we need to get with Bill @ MSSS.com, and see about either getting that part (I don't think that it's right), or about getting a petition together, for him to get to Yamaha, from us at rswarrior.com, about making that part!

I'd gladly pay $59 bucks for that little beauty!!!!!! COME ON!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Justice that's always been the issue for... well, forever. It's listed in the parts and accessories but has never been available because it's not actually produced. There has been dealers who will take your money and order it for you and even tell you that they heard it's on backorder but it won't come because it doesn't really exist. I can't believe that after all this time somebody STILL hasn't just made this **** thing. People have offered to pay a few hundred bucks even to get it, I can't imagine how it would be so hard to custom make it. Anyway, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts