RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fella's Good Afternoon.

-I have attached the "Crank-Case Cover" schematic to this post so as everyone can actually see the parts that I am asking about.

-I wish to replace the "Cover Cap" #45 p/n: 5PX-15427-00-00, the "Generator Cover 2" #26 p/n: 5PX-15425-00-00 and finally the "Air Cleaner Cover" #4 p/n: 5PX-15414-00-00 with the STAR billet pieces in Brushed Finish.

-Can anyone tell me if the following part numbers for the STAR billet items are what I need? Here goes as they are labeled differently than what Yamaha calls them in the schematic.

1. "Timing Cover Insert" STR-5PX27-44-07
2. "Cam Cover Insert" STR-5PX27-41-07

and I do not have a part number for the "Air Cleaner Cover"

-Any assistance provided for these questions WILL be most appreciated!

Ride Safe everyone and thanks.
Rg

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,597 Posts
I have not cross-referenced the part numbers for you, will try during the week if time. Item 25 is available in chrome too. It's a Road Star 1700 accessory part. Many of us installed it.

In my profile, on my Bike tab, I keep most all of my mods/parts with part number. I admit I'm a bit behind on keeping it current lol. Notice that mine is a 2003. You can reference the MODEL YEAR DIFFERENCES thread for parts that differ between model years DOH! Sorry, it had to be said!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arizonawarrior;

-Thank you for the response! I will check out your Bike tab for any helpful info.
Thanks again and have a good evening.
Rg

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Hey Fella's Good Afternoon.

-I have attached the "Crank-Case Cover" schematic to this post so as everyone can actually see the parts that I am asking about.

-I wish to replace the "Cover Cap" #45 p/n: 5PX-15427-00-00, the "Generator Cover 2" #26 p/n: 5PX-15425-00-00 and finally the "Air Cleaner Cover" #4 p/n: 5PX-15414-00-00 with the STAR billet pieces in Brushed Finish.

-Can anyone tell me if the following part numbers for the STAR billet items are what I need? Here goes as they are labeled differently than what Yamaha calls them in the schematic.

1. "Timing Cover Insert" STR-5PX27-44-07

2. "Cam Cover Insert" STR-5PX27-41-07

and I do not have a part number for the "Air Cleaner Cover"

-Any assistance provided for these questions WILL be most appreciated!

Ride Safe everyone and thanks.

Rg
The OEM parts 'Air cleaner ' is mislabeled as its really a clutch cover insert as in the Yamaha accessories.
Aswell as the Yamaha accessories labled 'Alternator cover ' which is a Timing cover insert as labled in the OEM parts.
The 'Cam cover insert' is labled correctly.

Here's the parts you want from the Yamaha accessories catalog.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rij1;

-Thank you for your response as this is exactly the info I was seeking! I am also looking for the correct part numbers for the following billet items:

1. Billet fork cap covers (brushed)
2. Billet fork stem nut cover (smooth)
3. Billet rear axle bolt covers (smooth)
4. Billet pulley nut covers (smooth)

It would be most appreciated by me, if you could post up those items part numbers.
I will also try and use the search option to find them. These are the last items that I wish to upgrade over the winter and then I will call it "DONE". lol.
Rg

·
Registered
975 Posts
You can also take those parts and polish them up to get something similar to a chrome look while still retaining the Yamaha logo. That's what I did with mine.. Takes a bit of work to take the clear coat and engraved ribbing off but then you can polish it up nice. I used a die grinder for the rough cut and then a buffing wheel for polish.
Being as it's polished aluminum and not chrome the color is slightly different and it oxidizes at a different rate than the chrome, but when they're clean they're nearly identical in finish. The cam cover that says 102 is a chrome piece and the Yamaha cover is bare polished aluminum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
28,597 Posts
I did a quick google search using criteria: star motorcycle accessory catalog.

Many results that have the star accessory catalog as pdf attached. The 2010 version is pretty good. It has most items that vary by model year. Also the 2006 version. Earlier versions might not take model year differences into account. The catalog pdf is too large to attach here.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
rij1;

-Thank you for your response as this is exactly the info I was seeking! I am also looking for the correct part numbers for the following billet items:

1. Billet fork cap covers (brushed)
2. Billet fork stem nut cover (smooth)
3. Billet rear axle bolt covers (smooth)
4. Billet pulley nut covers (smooth)

It would be most appreciated by me, if you could post up those items part numbers.
I will also try and use the search option to find them. These are the last items that I wish to upgrade over the winter and then I will call it "DONE". lol.
Rg
Sure, here you go. These parts are hard to find but with time its possible come by.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
arizonawarrior and rij1;

-Thank you BOTH for leading the way for me on these part numbers! You guys have no idea how grateful I am for this.

OTHERS TAKE NOTE!!! This is one of the many reasons why this is THE forum for all things RSW. Fella's like this and the willingness to help/share all the knowledge they have obtained thru the years.

Ride Safe! And thanks again.
Rg

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think I have most of these covers (I will check). We may be able to do some sort of an exchange involving your stock parts. Let me check and I'll PM you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts