RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know it's a shame. All it takes is one a**hole dealer to ruin it. Here's my story.
Like the rest of you guys I've been waiting on recall parts since early this year. I live in a small town and believe it or not mine is the only warrior in town. The only one the local dealer had sold. Both good and bad. I decided to swing by the dealer today just for giggles to see if the parts had come in and to my surprise they were!! When I asked my dealer if he was going to call me he responded by saying “Yeah, they came in about a week ago..” I was livid.. I asked if he was just going to let me sit and wait! He responded by saying “We are going to take care of the money making deals first. This whole deal is a waste of my time”.. I then asked him if I could take the parts and go somewhere else to have the work done. He responded, “Please do”.. I couldn't believe it. Now this is the third and last bike I ever intend to buy from this guy. I told him he needs to take care of his customers. .. Looking for a sign “Warrior For Sale..Recall parts included”

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds like a real idiot. I would never do bussiness with him again. I hope you took the parts and can find another dealer to do the work for you.

·
Registered
639 Posts
chenry, unfortunately your experience is echoed throughout this country, I believe. That is one of the major reasons I was so livid when I learned about the recall. Just imagine the job this dealer might do on your bike.

There are some really great business-people out there and some of them actually own Yamaha dealerships. But again, it is our responsibility to screen the dealer that will perform the work. It shouldn't be that way, but that's the hand we've been dealt.

Try and make the most of it. Meanwhile, do what you think best in making Yamaha aware of their shortcomings. I did, I am, and I will. Never give up, never surrender!

·
Registered
739 Posts
oooooooohhhh, that would just burn my backside. he's lucky he you didn't give him a swift kick to the balls, i would have. what a dick. i'm pissed just thinking about it

·
Registered
455 Posts
Reafferms my thoughts.
Dealers don't want to deal with this recall and are going to get thru this as quick as possible.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That butt head is getting paid by Yamaha to do the recall. Even if you have to drive further to another dealer, I would take my parts and go. Tell him he's an Arse before you leave, and report him to the owner and Yamaha Corp. Be sure to let him know your going to report him so he can sweat it out.

I had a car saleman be a dick to me and I had money in hand and was nice as pie to the jerk. I walked out and emailed his supervisor, the store manager, and the owner of the dealership. After he emailed me an apology they fired his ass. The owner also apologized and asked me to meet him at the dealership. I did, and he sold me the car I wanted on the Ford X plan. That's a very deep discounted employee purchase plan.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Talk to the General Manager of that place DIRECTLY. Let him/her know what happened and tell them you're not doing business there again. Writing Yamaha will be futile. I learned during this recall process that dealerships are merely "franchises," each independently owned. Yamaha has no control of the management of these outlets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks my warrior brothers.. I did take my parts and I am trying to schedule the work to be performed at another dealer.. 100 miles away.. but another dealer.

·
Registered
416 Posts
All I can say is WOW... I am glad that didn't happen to me, I probably would've wound up in jail or something after kicking that guy's A**! It is making my blood pressure rise just reading about it! Want me to come down there? I hate A**holes like that!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Man, that takes a lot of nerve. Im a manager at a local computer store where we do service and sales...there are some warranty jobs that come in that are a real pain but I feel for the pain the customer has already had to go through in hassling with whatever the problem was so I try to fix it fast and easy for them. I cant imagine anyone having such poor customer relation skills especially given the nature of this stupid repair!

Did you have someone with you to hold you back?

·
Registered
170 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bomber_Man

Man, that takes a lot of nerve. Im a manager at a local computer store where we do service and sales...there are some warranty jobs that come in that are a real pain but I feel for the pain the customer has already had to go through in hassling with whatever the problem was so I try to fix it fast and easy for them. I cant imagine anyone having such poor customer relation skills especially given the nature of this stupid repair!

Did you have someone with you to hold you back?

[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Too bad you don't own/manage a Yamaha dealer.........I wish you did. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts