RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, gang, I got a call today. The dealer doing the work on my bike has been notified that the parts for my Warrior have been shipped. They expect them to arrive Thursday or Friday.

I've gone ahead and completed the transaction with Patrick Racing to secure the performance parts.

I'm not sorry that I've been leaning on Yamaha during this period. They knew that these parts would be needed back in August, and should have been tooling up to manufacture them from that point on. If the parts are arriving in dribs and drabs, I will continue to lend my support to the folks on this site to make Yamaha do what they need to do to restore folks to their bikes.

For that reason, I will persist with working with the law firm in SoCal, and keeping folks up to date re: what's happening. Keep the pressure up, is my recommendation.

Best regards!

Patrick

·
Registered
639 Posts
Even though folks may be getting their bikes fixed, that MAY not be the "rest of the story." If the Recall Rebuild engines don't malfunction, great. All anyone is out is the "loss-of-use." But if the engines DO go kaflooie, then it's all gonna be on the owner, `ceptin the new transmission parts, of course.

Getting your engine redone is just the beginning, in my book.

Keep up the pressure. Never give up, Never surrender.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My Warrior is locked up at the dealership and the status remains "Parts On Order". I made my phone call to Yamaha corporate customer service (YSSC) to let them know that a full month has gone by (Hint: lemon law) and I still have seen no action. The individual that I am working with at YCCS stated that he received formal notification that shipment of repair parts has begun. The first shipments will hit Colorado during the first week of March, with only 2 kits per dealership per week. I gave him my VIN number and he said that it is now registered as "Priority", so it will be tagged for expedited delivery to my dealership. I'll let ya all know if it really happens or if he just got me off the phone with a smooth line of BS. Most important to me, he stated that I should call him back after completion of repairs to obtain the details for my warranty extension. He said that it will carry in force with the same coverage as my current warranty, and duration of the extension will be determined within the next month. Keep up the good work guys. Your efforts on this forum have Yamaha thinking hard about the potential consequences of not treating 30,000 RS owners in a "good faith" manner. I'll let ya know how things go with the repair and with the next conversion I have with YCCS on the warranty issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts