RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, its the off season here in western NY.. got bored and read a lot of posts on here and decided it was time to tackle the DIY V-BAK on my '06. One tip for anybody looking to do this, I got the K&N numbers from another post on here and went searching on Ebay.. a little pricy but not terrible. But then I remembered... while I was looking into doijg a headlight conversion that our forks are 54mm... when I went looking for clamps...54mm came out to JUST over 2" (2.1xxx" to be semi exact). I also read that the factory stacks were 2" diameter and a lightbulb came on! Back to ebay to search "54mm motorcycle airfilters and found these gems as a 2pack... ordered em up, got delivered and when I went to put on found the factory stack did indeed fit inside the rubber part WITHOUT trimming off the rib. But I laso noticed the filters rubber part twisted...and I gave it a little tug and it popped right off! To my delight, the hole in the metal base is just about 2"!!! You can push it right over the rib of the factory stack and it gets held tightly!! No clamps, no adaptors... just a nice fit! :D:D So anybody looking to do this I have included screen shots of the ebay page for the filters and thier item number. And yes..I oiled them after installing on the velocity stacks... had some K&N filter oil handy.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts