RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a question basically asking if the 2004 models contained the updated parts used in the recall kit....I did not ask if 2004 models were recalled or contained the defective parts. My question was misinterpreted, rudely answered and the topic locked. Is this the kind of forum where we can't ask a simple question like: Is Yamaha putting corrected parts in new bikes instead of shipping recall kits? How disappointing...I thought this was an open forum for all Warrior owners to communicate and share ideas. I still would like to know if 2004 bikes have the new designed parts used in the recall kits or do they use a completely different design? I'm fully aware 2004 models are not affected by the recall.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
You'll have to excuse many of us, weve seen so many of the questions related to the recall over and over and frankly were tired of them and we get a bit cranky. To answer your question, I did a check of Yamahas online parts catalog and the part numbers are the same for the 02 and 04 circlips and the design appears the same, I dont know if the print was changed or just the clip design

Please dont hold a cranky reply about the recall against the forum as a whole, there is a huge amount of valuble information found here if you know how to find it. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Fair play rw, I saw your question and it seemed perfectly reasonable to me and I've been reading all the other stuff.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Many times manufactures change part design and keep the same part number. They do this to keep the cost of making new manuals and the rest of the paperwork involved to a minimum. My Guess (only a guess) is that they have purged the system of the 3 prong clips and the only thing that will be sold is the new 6-prong clip. I would also guess that all of the 04s were fixed at the factory before shipping since Yamaha has known about this since at least October and the bike didn't hit the dealers until February. That is why the 04s are not part of the recall.

I hope that this sheads some light on your question.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts