RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]what is in tranny package from yamaha my dealer said it was just the clip do i get new piston rings ect.or is my dealer f-cking with my head need to know bike is done tomorow.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
clip, rings, gears oil, filter.. the stuff comes in a big box about 2' by 1' and 6" deep. check your recall letter, it lists all the parts.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dice, My recall letter does not have a parts list. However, I have the parts list from the actual recall from NHTSA's(or whatever the heck it is) web site which has the install instructions and the parts list for the recall fix. This is the same info that my dealer has. The kit includes a new main shaft, new 4th main gear and 4th pinion gear as well as new circlips(many), a new replacement for the 3 tang retainer clip that holds 4th main gear that has 6 tangs instead of the 3, new piston rings, etc, etc(e.g. a whole lot of stuff). So my understanding is that it is quite an extensive parts list(and not just 1 circlip WAR-ON-HD).

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I believe the recall notice posted in the Recall & TSB's forum is the notice that dealers get. It should have the list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts