·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Party at the Dragon"

Warrior Fest @ The Dragon 2006 April 25th thru April 29th

C'mon West coast, lets go and tame the Dragon

Expected weather:

[url="http://www.weatherunderground.com/history/airport/KRHP/1972/4/26/PlannerHistory.html?dayend=30&monthend=4&yearend=1972&req_city=Robbinsville&req_state=NC&req_statename=North+Carolina>http://www.weatherunderground.com/history/airport/KRHP/1972/4/26/PlannerHistory.html?dayend=30&monthend=4&yearend=1972&req_city=Robbinsville&req_state=NC&req_statename=North+Carolina

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Hmmmm, I'm not working yet. It would take a lot of convincing to get me to go. Are you riding or trailering? Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure wether riding or trailering, I guess it will be based on who's going and how we all wanna get there. I figured if we trailer we can get there a little quicker, but I can take two weeks of vacation for this trip so we can also ride[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
You guys should come out here for this one. It's starting to look like a pretty cool get together that will overshadow all past events. Besides, I haven't seen you guys from *Days in a year and a half.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
quote:Originally posted by amospro

Hmmmm, I'm not working yet. It would take a lot of convincing to get me to go. Are you riding or trailering? Anyone else interested?
There was talk of trailering due to time constraints. If we trailer we can make it in 2 days by driving straight through and driving in shifts. It just makes sense to maximze our time on the "good" roads and minimize our time on the interstates. You guys have been on I-40 through AZ, NM, OK, and TX. There's a whole lot of nothing to see out there.

I'd be singing a different tune if we were going to take a couple of weeks and ride the backroads.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I don't think I could take off 2 weeks. How many miles is it out there?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kevingonad

I don't think I could take off 2 weeks. How many miles is it out there?
I won't be able to take off 2 weeks either. It's about 2000 miles from Vegas. Mapquest says the estimated time is 30 hours. That's pushing it pretty hard at about 66.5 MPH.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Sounds awesome but with the wife pregnant it would be pretty tough to be gone that long. Maybe we could time the AZ ride to Sedona at the same time and the ones who can't go all the way can just turn back and come home?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
quote:Originally posted by midnight_run

Sounds awesome but with the wife pregnant it would be pretty tough to be gone that long. Maybe we could time the AZ ride to Sedona at the same time and the ones who can't go all the way can just turn back and come home?
Hehe, it's gonna take some serious willpower to head west from Sedona when the rest of us are heading east.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

Woo-Hoo! Left coast meets Right Coast.....right in the midle.

What's the middle crap you're talking about??? [B)]

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by amospro

quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

Woo-Hoo! Left coast meets Right Coast.....right in the midle.

What's the middle crap you're talking about??? [B)]

That's what I was thinking Jody - that's a lot closer to the right coast than the left.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
lol. I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe he is refering to the straight section between turns 158 and 159?

Or maybe the middle of the right coast?

Insert Image:

71.69KB

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
When is the event? I might be able to make it. I live in Houston, so if anyone wants to stop by I can give you a place to sleep for the night, then we can head out in the morning.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts