RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF YOU GO TO YOUR LOCAL YAMAHA DEALER AND ORDER REAR PEG MOUNTS FOR A VSTAR 650 CUSTOM OR CLASSIC THEY BOLT RIGHT ON WITH A SPACER BEHIND THEM AND THEY LOWER THE PEG ABOUT THREE INCHES. IT LEAVES YOU WITH A CLEAN SETUP AND ARE ALREADY PAINTED BLACK. IF YOU HAVE A LATHE AT YOUR DISPOSAL YOU CAN MAKE SOME NICE BILLET SPACERS.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Wow! That may be the easiest solution yet. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

Do you have any pics you can post of that?

CarKnee

·
Registered
33 Posts
quote:Originally posted by tnwarrior

IF YOU GO TO YOUR LOCAL YAMAHA DEALER AND ORDER REAR PEG MOUNTS FOR A VSTAR 650 CUSTOM OR CLASSIC THEY BOLT RIGHT ON WITH A SPACER BEHIND THEM AND THEY LOWER THE PEG ABOUT THREE INCHES. IT LEAVES YOU WITH A CLEAN SETUP AND ARE ALREADY PAINTED BLACK. IF YOU HAVE A LATHE AT YOUR DISPOSAL YOU CAN MAKE SOME NICE BILLET SPACERS.

That sounds really swell but you know I've actually rode on the rear seat and I will tell you guys no woman big or small will like that feel no matter what kind of peg set up you do to it...

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Well, if you lower those pegs by 3inches and add a Mustang Classic Rider and passenger pillion you will love the ride! 3inches of foam on the rear with 15 1/2" of cheek space makes for a very comfy Warrior Ride!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
the mustang seat does add leg room & if you flip the passenger footpeg mounts upside down & hack off the unneeded metal, you will be superized with the outcome. now all we need is a passenger back rest

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yes, Corbin makes a backrest for their passenger pillion seat.

Take a look at the pictures I just posted on the gallery. It shows both the footpeg modification AND the seat change out - this is a Corbin, not a Mustang. My wife LOVES it and says that it is like sitting in a normal chair.

Definitely worth doing if you go 2 up with any frequency.

·
Registered
285 Posts
tnwarrior, what kind'a pipes do you have mounted? I dont suppose this mod will work with the stock pipes and can?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to scooter i dont have a pic and i am running a propipe at the moment. that dam ugly stock pipe doesnt leave room to move the pegs at all. if you us the 650 mounts you will need to drill out the holes to 10mm and file one edge so the stock warrior pegs will fold up. the mounts come with rubber pegs already on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts