RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife passed her bike test today
I'd just like to publicly say how proud I am of her.

She did the DAC and even though she's only been out on a bigger bike e few times she passed with only one minor on her sheet.

The only problem I have now is that she wants a new bike for christmas ....

·
Registered
881 Posts
cheers, man!

I hear the bike tests in the UK are a *** and a half, compared to the flukes we've got here. I mean, I've got a license, don't I?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That's great news. It should be nice to be able to ride together assuming you have more patience then I do. haha I'm kind of bad about leaving mine lagging behind and then stopping to wait up for her later. That will make one great Christmas present if you decide to go that route, were you already considering doing that??

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Good on her!
Now she won't be able to complain about you biking (....you wish
)and you won't have to take her pillion

But all good things in life have a price tag attached -what sort of bike is she after?

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
irichards said:
Good on her!
Now she won't be able to complain about you biking (....you wish
)and you won't have to take her pillion

But all good things in life have a price tag attached -what sort of bike is she after?

Ian,

I'm lucky that she loves bikes and anything to do with bikes. As yet has never complained about anything I want to do, and she's more than happy to rough it and do rally's.

At the NEC bike show recently she was quite taken by the new Ducati Monster. She really likes the Warrior but doesn't think it would make a good commuter bike. At the moment it looks like it's going to be something mid size just to get a bit more experience on the road.

ps, anyone want to buy a cg125 ( called Ruby )

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Congratulations, congratulations and jubilations, i want the world to know, am as happy as can be...forrrrrr youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
[*]- yes thats one tuff test to pass - hope 'ruby' finds a kind home - never had a girl friend to ride with...and as for you marco...keep that up and you'll be joining me

Hey let me add this up,
how many of youpips get to ride[outdoors; on 2 wheeels; ok]...... 'along-side'your partner?

High 5for 'lady'warrior_uk
- tom ba

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Warrior_uk said:
The wife passed her bike test today
I'd just like to publicly say how proud I am of her.

She did the DAC and even though she's only been out on a bigger bike e few times she passed with only one minor on her sheet.

The only problem I have now is that she wants a new bike for christmas ....

Congrats to Sarah
Hey Nick, she doesn't fancy Julie's Virago 750 does she? Julie has just got an 07 VMax
Anyway give her our best. And you too of course.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congrats to her!! It's alot more fun to have a wife or girlfriend to ride with you instead of on back especially when they get good enough that your not looking in your mirrors at them every 2 seconds! I just bought my wife a cbr600rr for christmas to go along with her v-star 1100 custom should have seen the smile on her face after the first ride she took on it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
roadierider said:
It's alot more fun to have a wife or girlfriend to ride with you instead of on back especially when they get good enough that your not looking in your mirrors at them every 2 seconds!

Oh, so that DOES actually happen eventually?? phew, thank you!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Warrior_uk said:
[Ian,

I'm lucky that she loves bikes and anything to do with bikes. As yet has never complained about anything I want to do, and she's more than happy to rough it and do rally's.

At the NEC bike show recently she was quite taken by the new Ducati Monster. She really likes the Warrior but doesn't think it would make a good commuter bike. At the moment it looks like it's going to be something mid size just to get a bit more experience on the road.

ps, anyone want to buy a cg125 ( called Ruby )

Jammy Sod!

P.S. Warrior's a really good commuter. Used to use it going into london (32 miles each way) and it was fine. The only limiting factor was thewidth of handle bars and how comfortable you are with the clutch. Nothing wrong with building up experience.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It appears that women treat bike shopping pretty much the same as shopping for shoes.

Size goes out the window, if it's the right colour and pretty then it gets considered.

Bike after bike has been considered, miles travelled and many dealers visited.

Those of you that are married will see where this is going.

You guessed it...... She settles for the one she looked at first

She is now the proud owner of an '07 Triumph Bonneville (Black)

One previous owner and only 2000 miles on the clock. The pipes have already been changed for Triumph's

"not for road use" alternatives. Doesn't sound too bad but still gets drowned out by the Warrior

Nick

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Good looking bike. I've owned some of the older ones,but have not even test driven a new one. Do the morrors still vibrate so much when stopped that you can't see anything?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Congrats. I hope that does not hold true, mine liked the M109 first.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Warrior_uk said:
She is now the proud owner of an '07 Triumph Bonneville (Black)

Good choice...that's a very stylish classic ride...you'd never know it was so modern...where's ya sissy bar Nick? [notic... no metion of how it came to be...no way am i going with ya on the shopping trend...i'm not that brave!!
]

[my eldest has the old family triumph legend with sissy!..another fine triumph, but not quite as well put together all those years ago]

i'd love to see ya both at the Ace!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts