RS Warrior Forum banner

Passed....

4K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  DeWarrior 
#1 ·
The wife passed her bike test today
I'd just like to publicly say how proud I am of her.

She did the DAC and even though she's only been out on a bigger bike e few times she passed with only one minor on her sheet.

The only problem I have now is that she wants a new bike for christmas ....

See less See more
#4 ·
That's great news. It should be nice to be able to ride together assuming you have more patience then I do. haha I'm kind of bad about leaving mine lagging behind and then stopping to wait up for her later. That will make one great Christmas present if you decide to go that route, were you already considering doing that??

#7 ·
irichards said:
Good on her!
Now she won't be able to complain about you biking (....you wish
)and you won't have to take her pillion

But all good things in life have a price tag attached -what sort of bike is she after?

Ian,

I'm lucky that she loves bikes and anything to do with bikes. As yet has never complained about anything I want to do, and she's more than happy to rough it and do rally's.

At the NEC bike show recently she was quite taken by the new Ducati Monster. She really likes the Warrior but doesn't think it would make a good commuter bike. At the moment it looks like it's going to be something mid size just to get a bit more experience on the road.

ps, anyone want to buy a cg125 ( called Ruby )

#8 ·
Congratulations, congratulations and jubilations, i want the world to know, am as happy as can be...forrrrrr youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
[*]- yes thats one tuff test to pass - hope 'ruby' finds a kind home - never had a girl friend to ride with...and as for you marco...keep that up and you'll be joining me

Hey let me add this up,
how many of youpips get to ride[outdoors; on 2 wheeels; ok]...... 'along-side'your partner?

High 5for 'lady'warrior_uk
- tom ba

#12 ·
Congrats to her!! It's alot more fun to have a wife or girlfriend to ride with you instead of on back especially when they get good enough that your not looking in your mirrors at them every 2 seconds! I just bought my wife a cbr600rr for christmas to go along with her v-star 1100 custom should have seen the smile on her face after the first ride she took on it.

#15 ·
Warrior_uk said:
[Ian,

I'm lucky that she loves bikes and anything to do with bikes. As yet has never complained about anything I want to do, and she's more than happy to rough it and do rally's.

At the NEC bike show recently she was quite taken by the new Ducati Monster. She really likes the Warrior but doesn't think it would make a good commuter bike. At the moment it looks like it's going to be something mid size just to get a bit more experience on the road.

ps, anyone want to buy a cg125 ( called Ruby )

Jammy Sod!

P.S. Warrior's a really good commuter. Used to use it going into london (32 miles each way) and it was fine. The only limiting factor was thewidth of handle bars and how comfortable you are with the clutch. Nothing wrong with building up experience.

#16 ·
It appears that women treat bike shopping pretty much the same as shopping for shoes.

Size goes out the window, if it's the right colour and pretty then it gets considered.

Bike after bike has been considered, miles travelled and many dealers visited.

Those of you that are married will see where this is going.

You guessed it...... She settles for the one she looked at first

She is now the proud owner of an '07 Triumph Bonneville (Black)

One previous owner and only 2000 miles on the clock. The pipes have already been changed for Triumph's

"not for road use" alternatives. Doesn't sound too bad but still gets drowned out by the Warrior

Nick

#19 ·
Warrior_uk said:
She is now the proud owner of an '07 Triumph Bonneville (Black)

Good choice...that's a very stylish classic ride...you'd never know it was so modern...where's ya sissy bar Nick? [notic... no metion of how it came to be...no way am i going with ya on the shopping trend...i'm not that brave!!
]

[my eldest has the old family triumph legend with sissy!..another fine triumph, but not quite as well put together all those years ago]

i'd love to see ya both at the Ace!

#21 ·
mine seated in the passenger seat of a goldwing in a dealership and fell in love with that one.... no other bike can satisfy her now.... and im not buying a goldwing until i retire!

you have to see her expresion when i show her the 2008 warrior that i was intending to buy and she saw the rear passenger seat.... she said.. that is the same f* seat of the r6!

lucky for me the corbin seat on the warrior is a bit better, but nothing would be able to match that heater-adjustable-arm rest-speaker installed-full back support-12v dc connectors-goldwing seat...

#23 ·
siradude said:
Just curious...

What bike did she use to take the test on?

She did the DAS course ( Direct Access), which means she can go straight to any bike she chooses, regardless of cc size or power.

She did her bit of road-craft training and took her test on one of the training center bikes - Kawasaki ER5

The other option would have been to take her test on her Honda CG125, which in turn would have meant any bike she wanted would have been limited to 33bhp for 2 years. The test system in the UK is getting very complicated and is due for yet another change soon - more elements - more money.

In my day, if you could get around the block and not fall off you got a pass

#24 ·
Warrior_uk said:
In my day, if you could get around the block and not fall off you got a pass

youngsters ..eh ....in my day we had no blocks to go round...so if ya could ride off into the sunset without getting knocked off, ya passed
[no vintage cars!?]...

If you guys ever ride in londunium..do watchour freebie bus lanes...cages don't expect to see you their..and they turn 'blind' right, straight across ya bows...no chance of bikers speeding and living in those lanes at the moment..how come cyclists don't get mowed down is beyond me? - but they are great to use!

#25 ·
Warrior_uk said:
....She is now the proud owner of an '07 Triumph Bonneville (Black)

One previous owner and only 2000 miles on the clock. The pipes have already been changed for Triumph's

"not for road use" alternatives. Doesn't sound too bad but still gets drowned out by the Warrior

Nick

I look forward to seeing it Nick. Are youand Sarahcoming to the Ace in April?

Warrior_uk said:
....In my day, if you could get around the block and not fall off you got a pass

But Nick, you can't even do that now

#26 ·
Bob,

Should be at the Ace in April, waiting on a new rota (shift pattern) for work before I can plan too much.

I notice you didn't comment on the test in your day Bob. I guess it must have been hard to keep up with the guy walking in front waving the red flag

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.