RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. My wife has been getting into riding more with me now that the kid is getting older. And she is complaining about her butt. I was thinking of getting the Mustang passenger seat. I don’t want to spend the money for both seats, cuz I don’t have any issues with my butt on long rides. I was wondering if anyone with a mustang seat ever just installed the passenger seat and left the driver seat stock. Any pics or any other seat upgrades for the wife would be helpful. Posting a pic of the seat I was going to get for her

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
Welcome, great first post. What year is your Warrior? It sounds like it's '04 or newer which have the independent rider and passenger seats. That stock rider seat can, as you know, be securely mounted by itself. The Mustang seats are only made for 2002-2003 Warriors and that seat set comes with the bracket needed to mount the front of the Mustang passenger seat.

So you need the Mustang passenger seat and it's front bracket, plus the rear fender loop needs relocation to grab the back of the Mustang passenger seat. I do not know how the interface between the stock rider seat and the Mustang passenger seat will mate.

In the Documentation forum there are drawings comparing some items that differ between model years. Check the seat drawing comparo there.

If the stock 2004 seat bracket set does the job of holding the front of the Mustang pillion I will be surprised. But you could try it. Note the Mustang front bracket is rare. Most never find it except buying it from Mustang. I do not know if they have any brackets left in spares.

Changing gears. This Warrior Mustang seat set is the best I have ever ridden. It shames Corbin. It was worth every penney. But the modification for the rider seat to fit 04+ Warrior's is tricky. And I never want to put a passenger on suction cups. Your passenger, your deal. But the stock 04+ rider seat sux way before 500 miles. And the stock passenger seat sux at zero miles.

There's ink here from those who have done the mod. Search away. Read twenty threads and you'll get a feel for what works. I would correctly retrofit the 02~03 Mustang seat set onto an 04+ if I did not have my 03. Drill the fender and you get the right bracket and nobody gets shorted. But only those who have successfully done that mod CORRECTLY should be taken seriously. Sorry but that's my take-away!

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
825 Posts
Personally i've gone with a solo seat and a suctioncup pillion.. (mainly ride solo)
there's tons of suction seats out there in all kinds of quality and price levels.. best thing about them is.. they require no mods and are easy to put on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or you can try and take your passenger seat to an upholstery shop. I had them rip all the foam out and replaced it with 2 different density foams and a gel pad. We made the seat bigger and better and it made a huge difference for the wife. Also cheaper than a mustang seat.
Yea I think this is the road I am going to go down. I think we can get it to fit her better and this way she can make her decisions on how she wants it.

·
Registered
2002 Warrior
51 Posts
Yea I think this is the road I am going to go down. I think we can get it to fit her better and this way she can make her decisions on how she wants it.
Are we talking about refitting the passenger part of the 02 one piece stiletto seat with new foam and wider/longer footprint? I’m curious because I have the same seat and after sitting on it for a minute I understand why more padding would be beneficial to the passenger. Anybody have an example pic of a “plumped” stiletto? Aesthetically the seat seems perfect the way it is. I wonder if it can look as good as the original if it get the extra cushion.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,569 Posts
@LateCheckout
I had my 03 stock seat fitted with the special foam and shaved. Pics in my albums. Before, I could barely get 100 miles on it. After I can go a couple hundred, but no further. I keep my Mustang for touring and distance, I go all day and am ready to go more the next days.. But I think Hefty is talking about taking the passenger seat from the 04+ model year bikes and having it modified.

@Rlhaws
You never did clarify which model year Warrior you have and what seat. It makes it impossible to help you.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
@LateCheckout
I had my 03 stock seat fitted with the special foam and shaved. Pics in my albums. Before, I could barely get 100 miles on it. After I can go a couple hundred, but no further. I keep my Mustang for touring and distance, I go all day and am ready to go more the next days.. But I think Hefty is talking about taking the passenger seat from the 04+ model year bikes and having it modified.

@Rlhaws
You never did clarify which model year Warrior you have and what seat. It makes it impossible to help you.
Correct I was talking about my 04 passenger seat. That mod was easy, cheap and made it that she could tolerate a 1 hour trip down to the keys with a sissy bar and peg relocation. They made that cushion very plush and way larger for her Puertorican behind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts