RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one of, what I was told from Patrick Racing, is 2 Patrick racing Swing arms! I was informed they made one for each of their drag bikes in 2002. Then after they quit racing Warriors they parted them out.
I wanted to make a thread dedicated to it so others have the info for years to come.

The swing arm is a stock Warrior arm that they modified. They added 3 inches to the length. Then they cut off all the tabs and filled all the threaded holes in the swing arm.

Then the really cool part is they added a plate on the bottom with 2 threaded ports. This is because the swing arm is now airtight and they would use this as the air tank to run their air shifter on their drag bike

That about does it. Its a really cool and rare part of the Warrior history!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you come across that beauty?!!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Pure dumb luck.
A kid here had the bike for sale for $2700 but he had wrecked it, I think while burning out. Then he managed to blow up the ECU. He wouldn't let me try to start the bike so I backed out of the deal. Then a month later it was for $2,000. So I agreed to come look at the bike.

He was a young guy and didnt do any of the mods, other than spray painting everything... I wasnt sure it had the internal work done he claimed as it wouldnt start due to the ecu issue. But when I saw the swing arm I figured that the previous owner probably had done the internals to match that swing arm.

I got the bike and got it running and drove it around the block. Holly heck did it go! I still dont know what the internals are as far as bore kit or cam but it isnt stock I know that!

Now I am trying to put the suspension to stock, since I am not a drag racer, and then I have plans for the bike, to be revealed in another thread.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an awesome piece. Was cool before, but knowing some of the other stuff about it definitely makes it cooler.
I thought the same to. When I saw it I knew it was rare but had no idea how rare. Then when I got to looking at it and got in contact with Patrick Racing I realized how cool and rare it is.

In the next few weeks the whole set up I took off the rear end will be for sale. Not sure on a price, trying to figure that out. I am not a racer and this deserves to be on a bike and appreciated not collecting dust in my garage. I know I wont ever use it so I am hoping it will go to someone that will.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am talking with the guys at Patrick Racing about this swing arm and whats going on.

They said that 4 bikes existed. 2 that they raced and 2 that were used as displays. 1 of their race bikes was sold to a friend in Sweden. The second race bike they still have and plan to sell early next year!

The 2 display models one was sold to a friend that raced it at Bonneville and the other was sent to Yamaha and they have no idea what happened to that bike.

But the swing arm I have was their first edition. They ran it a while then came up with something different and this swing arm would of been on one of the display bikes.

I am talking with them to see if they have any way to identify those bikes, vin or anything.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
One of the arms was on a bike here in TN the owner was a member here do not recall his handle. Last I heard he crashed @ the Dragon & was injured I think he offed the bike & he disappeared. Time frame around '08 - '09.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the arms was on a bike here in TN the owner was a member here do not recall his handle. Last I heard he crashed @ the Dragon & was injured I think he offed the bike & he disappeared. Time frame around '08 - '09.
I have a feeling that is this bike. The carfax says it was registered in Tennessee in 2004. Then wrecked in North Carolina in 2008. Then it was moved to Kansas in 2012 and wrecked again in 2014. Then recently the kid bougt it from wrecked in while doing a burnout.

What I am wondering though is its a 2002 that wasnt registered until 2004. Would be interesting if it ended up being one of the bikes that Patrick Racing made. All I know is it has some sort of internal mods and it ridiculously powerful and having the hard tail extended swing arm on it makes it a real pain to turn.

·
Registered
663 Posts
milkman , I find this thread interesting and the other You originally started .. I am curious as to what fuel injectors are in the bike and what are the the numbers on the ECU that got fried ... I'm not positive but I think Patrick Racing used some Speed Star parts when they built some of their bikes .. Stock injectors are Yellow and Speed Star are Grey .. The Speed Star ECU # usually (if not always ) starts with 72-5PX-70 ....

·
Premium Member
5,658 Posts
I wonder which one they ran the carburetor on. I think it was the fastest one they had.

Good to see you still on here Racerxjim. Hope you and your's are doing good. Say hello to your Dad for me.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
The guy who would have first hand info on the bikes that Patrick ran was a member here he went by the handle Elvis Warrior he used to straight line his Warrior & Patrick trailered it for him from time to time I think his first name was Glen he also had a R1. Unfortunately he was shot & killed in a domestic dispute around '07. Maybe someone here remembers him the search function here sucks 2014 is as far back as I can go. I may remember his last name after awhile.

I scoped the carbed bike in Patrick's trailer @ Bike Week one year he was there selling Harley engines & parts. The Warrior electronics were gone it had Harley ignition & Carillo rods & turned more than 7000 rpm that bike won a number of Pro Street (?) titles.

Edit: I recall talking to the owner of the TN bike we met up with a bunch of other Warrior's in Chattanooga for a run that's when I first saw the PR swingarm in fact if you have it dusted for fingerprints mine may still be on it I did the touchie - feelie thing.

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
I think Nigel Patrick and separately maybe Mark Underwood (who rode the carb'd bikes to titles a couple years) posted in here someplace those swing arms were used on the two race bikes not the show display bikes. Its confusing because they also sometimes displayed the actual race bikes.

Mark was out of Ohio, he hasn't visited here in awhile and I only talked with him a couple times by phone. He was to me an astoundingly nice person and had go-fast in his veins.

Following is the only thread that seems to fit this swing arm discussion where PRWarrior posted, I thought there were several more. . . but I am not seeing others.

Of note: sometimes I THINK that Nigel Patrick and Mark Underwood used to post as PRWarrior, mostly I think it was Bill. I'm further uncertain but there might have been another shop guy sometimes posting as PRWarrior once or twice. Escapes me right now, could be all wet, but it will come to me.

Example:

https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/12-general-discussion/98362-patrick-racing-warrior.html

From revisiting the above thread, I am reminded that couple members here saw the bike and sat on it. Hopefully they will recall if that bike had your swing-arm mounted.

Thanks for posting this. It dredged-up things that I wondered about years ago and never had an opportunity to dig-into. I would enjoy seeing these parts one of these days if they end-up closer geographically!

Hoping others participate here to paint a better picture of the history. I'm interested!

Adding - just for the heck of it: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/28-vendors-forum/136714-patrick-racing-leftover-warrior-parts-ebay.html

Was it Mark, Rick, and Jeremy riding to titles back then?

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Thanks for the links Mike.

Milkman: independent_lemming is the man from TN that bought the swing arm you now own.

IIRC we were @ a scenic overlook on the Cherohala Skyway one of the forum members got hitched there by Preacherman from this forum.

Lemming showed up with the bike in a pickup truck bed we helped him unload it, he left **** bent for leather headed down the mountain towards Robbinsville.
I heard later that he went down shortly after leaving the wedding.

Gelnn Breaux is the man thanks for the reminder.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
milkman , I find this thread interesting and the other You originally started .. I am curious as to what fuel injectors are in the bike and what are the the numbers on the ECU that got fried ... I'm not positive but I think Patrick Racing used some Speed Star parts when they built some of their bikes .. Stock injectors are Yellow and Speed Star are Grey .. The Speed Star ECU # usually (if not always ) starts with 72-5PX-70 ....
Sorry I missed this!
I will check out the ECU and the injectors and see what I come up with.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Racerxjim I answered your question on this with pics over on my other thread. It looks like it was a speedstar ecu and the injectors are yellow.
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/10-warrior-pics-vids/306230-milkmans-next-project-3.html#post3874012

1 - 20 of 20 Posts