RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being winter I've decided to give my 2005 some attention and extract a few extra horses in the process which has led me to ordering the PR VBAK. 80 Obviously I will need a suitable PCV Map for this, but after some digging around dyno jet and the RS warrior files I've found some close matches but nothing that is exactly right for my setup.
Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction or perhaps have a suitable map for PR VBAK, V&H Pro pipe with AIS block off?
I've noticed a few maps for pro pipe with VBAK, (not specifying which VBAK) but Im not too sure if this would be suitable unless anyone can suggest otherwise? Cheers in advance 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would try those that say Pro Pipe and VBAK and see which your bike likes the best.
I would try those that say Pro Pipe and VBAK and see which your bike likes the best.
Hey Heftysmurf, yeah my instincts would tell me to do exactly that, as the maps in question shount be far off the mark, at least not far enough to melt pistons. Just felt I should to put the question out there in case someone somewhere had the same set up and would be kind enough to shar their tune.
But I'll be sure to give these a go once the kit has crossed the Atlantic and see how it goes in the short term.
Ideally I would take it to a local dyno and have a custom tune made, but national lockdown has put a pin in that one unfortunately 馃檮

Administrator
The VBAK is velocity stacks big air kit. A generic BAK is NOT velocity stacks. So if a map file says VBAK its exactly right for you.

The vance and hines 2-1 propipe and the Speedstar 2-1-2 (2nd generation) use the same mapping so a map file for either is fine.

Lots of guys don't think to indicate if the AIS has been removed. If the map files mentions it then good. If not you can try it in a jam, it might work.

May I ask where you ordered your VBAK?!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would it be safe to assume that blocking off the AIS when removing the air box is common practice?
Of course , I ordered my VBAK direct from Patrick Racing.

Administrator
Patrick Racing builds BAK kits. I have never seen them build a VBAK kit. Do you have pics and part numbers?

On the -AIS yes its common to block and remove. The AIS system creates big problems on v-twin motors and significantly reduces fuel efficiency and motor internal cleanliness. The AIS does not play well with injection.

The only true VBAK for the Warrior that I know about is the Chrchkey kit. It can be ordered with the -AIS kit. It comes with paper cone filters but can be upgrades to K&N RC1290 cone filters. That combination increases intake air significantly. More power.

If you also dump the giant trash can exhaust and install a free flowing complete 2-1 or 2-1-2 exhaust, the Beast wakes-up and the motor sounds nastier and the long stainless steel tube velocity stacks get to do their job. So midrange rom and high range rpm power kicks you in the pants at WOT.

A normal BAK intake does not have adequate length to fulky channel the intake air stream. But its better than nothing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

This is the link for the PR kit, it's not described as a VBAK as such, but it does utilise billet Velocity stacks which would certainly follow your description of what a VBAK should be, though please correct me if I'm mistaken.

As for the churchkey VBAK, I did originally opt for this kit but unfortunately he was unable to ship internationally which reduced my options to either the much criticised Baron big air stealth or the PR hi-flo kit which to me seemed like the better option with its billet velocity stacks.

For the AIS block off I've now machined a pair of alloy block off plates as the PR kit doesn't seem to come with any.
And finally for the exhaust system, the trash can's already long gone. Its now running a V&H Pro pipe 2 into 1, hence upgrading the induction system was the next logical step for hp gains.

Administrator
Are those velocity stacks or just the adapters for connecting the filters to their intake. You need lots of stack length for the airflow to organize. Its sad to see PR call those velocity stacks but technically I suppose they are. Its all good tho. PR make nice stuff!!

Fir me, the Churchkey Warrior VBAK is a true velocity stack system that provides enough length to organize the intake airstream for power.

Yep the 2-1 Propipe is an excellent choice and a good match for a VAK or VBAK. Also the -AIS remove will let you get even better fuel mileage.

Nice work!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe the pictures ain't the clearest, they're supposed to be stacks according to the discrition, probably still better than having none all together. I'll take a few pictures of the stacks when the kit lands.
I agree a longer stack will correct the airflow more effectively but surely a straight stack over a curved /bent stack would possibly have its own advantages?
Though I guess the proof will be in the pudding when it comes dyno results, I'll be sure to post them along with a custom tune on this thread once our lockdown's been lifted and I can take trip down to my local dyno 馃檮.
But in all honesty my ultimate goal in this was to loose the coffin airbox, but increased fuel mileage and any extra hp will definitely be an added bonus for sure.
I'm also awaiting a 33T pulley to hopefully trim off some some highway rpm, I shoud imagine this will further improve the gas miliage?

Many thanks by the way.

Registered
Hi Sutty, welcome from Germany. Following your posts here, maybe to order PR stuff as well, as the ship to Europe, We'll see.
Have fun with your mods ! (y)

And you may check the European Warrior Forum following the link in my signature, if you like.
Cheers,
Thommy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Tommy and thank you it's great to be here! I'll be posting some updates as things develop in due course.
And thanks for the invite, Ill most certainly be dropping in to check it out 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: The PR filters have arrived! It's safe to say these certainly look like velocity stacks, very nicely machined from billet and have a convergent internal venturi that remains flush with the bore of the throttle bodies inlet, which should allow for some very smooth air flow. Gotta say I'm quite impressed with the overall quality.
Hope to take it out for a run in a few days to see how things pan out. Just need to get to the bottom of some cold starting issues which seem to come about after fitting PCV a few months ago.

IMG_20210119_202141.jpg
IMG_20210119_194457.jpg
IMG_20210119_200054.jpg
IMG_20210119_200102.jpg

Registered
Things are looking good Sutty. Pump up that torque and those 馃弴 horses. Nice work. Frec.. 馃嚞馃嚙

1 - 13 of 13 Posts