RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i agree with all the guys talking about kyle! always went above and beyond, i've even still been in contact with him about other things that had nothing to do with him making money. just regular warrior related questions and he's still more than happy to answer them. oh and yeah the price was great!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Maybe this is a question for the Engineering Gurus but I was looking at pictures of the brake caliper mounted (bolted) underneath and I was wondering whether heavy braking would stress the bolt more and could potentially result in failure.... Just because my understanding is that under braking, forces are trying to pull the bracket away from the swingarm as opposed to distributing the weight to the caliper bracket tab and the swing arm.... just my initial thoughts.......Any ideas or thoughts ??????

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Maybe this is a question for the Engineering Gurus but I was looking at pictures of the brake caliper mounted (bolted) underneath and I was wondering whether heavy braking would stress the bolt more and could potentially result in failure.... Just because my understanding is that under braking, forces are trying to pull the bracket away from the swingarm as opposed to distributing the weight to the caliper bracket tab and the swing arm.... just my initial thoughts.......Any ideas or thoughts ??????

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like a lot of stress on one bolt going into an aluminum swingarm. At least when it bolts on top, the bracket itself is doing taking the heavy load. But what do I know??

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
So what exactly makes kyle the preferred vendor for tire kits? To my understanding they all send the rims to kosmans. Are his prices better then crown or is it about supporting the small companies? I have a performance edge kit and love the fact that the caliper bracket bolts underneath a option other companies don't offer.
I guess my question is does one build a better kit then the others?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I am pretty sure this is the kit from Brandon in Florida so he could upgrade to my 280 kit, if you look at his bike the fitting is also on the under side of the swingarm. I do custom work so things like this are no big deal to do just cost some extra money. I offer most of the parts I build and try to to them a few at a time minimum to keep my pricing cheap on everything from material,powder caoting, gas to and from the places, etc.. all the little things that can add up. Always feel free to call if you have an idea and see what I can do price wise or maybe help you out in some way.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Oh yeah, thanks for all the cool replys in this thread. Not sure if any members have mentioned but a couple of them are stepping up to 300's soon so look for that on my vendor page.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts