RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 rsw I bought last fall.
One of the first things I did was to install the cobra fi2000.
Is the pcIII a better choice?

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
If I'm not mistaken (and I might be), the cobra doesn't use maps and the pcIII does. What more reason would you need?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Most here will tell you go with the PCIII, especially if your gonna continually add performance mod's.

My opinion is that the PCIII is no better than anything else, unless you get a custom map done.

You could also just bump up your ECU.

If you do a search, you'll find tons of info on the topic.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Don-

Look in the "maps to have" part of this site, or if your combo isn't there (which it probably isn't, 'cuz very few have those pipes), then post a request under "maps wanted", although I wouldn't hold your breath awaiting somebody else to come up with a map with this combo.

Also, check out DynoJet's web site, and their list of maps for different combos, but again, I seriously doubt they would have one for the Morton's pipes.

Your final and probably best option (since you mentioned on another post your not real handy with computers) is to have a custom map done by a Dyno shop. This can be real pricey, though, but I think it's the only way to really get everything dialed in right, without the hassles of downloading maps yourself.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Based on the mods listed in your profile, you are just fine with the cobra 2000FI. I have done the slip-on pipe, AIS removed and V BAK from Churchkey and am running the TFI fuel nanny. It is real easy to adjust. I carry a small screwdriver to make adjustments, no computer necessary. The TFI and Cobra 2000 are one in the same, the Cobra is just private labeled. The PCIII is a great item, if you are going to do a lot of engine mods it is the way to go. I am very happy with the TFI. (Just my opinion, though).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Fellas thanks for your info. I will check those other sites first, but like northerwarrior said I will probably end up going to a dyno shop. If you guys have any more suggestions just let me now. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts