RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took my warrior for a test ride yesterday with the new big shots and new pc3 and I found whenever I let off the throttle to shift it backfires. Does this sound like a pc3, or an electronic ignition problem ? Has this happened to anyone before ?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
quote:Originally posted by powerdad3

Has this happened to anyone before ?

It's happened to almost everyone. If you do a search for "backfire", you will get 6 pages of results.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Nope never heard of that before. Just kidding! It's actually very common. You may want to do so searches and see what you can come up with. This has been discussed many times. I would search "Backfiring" or "PCIII" and read, read, read.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Here's a few for you.

[url="http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6783>http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6783

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
You were most likely popping before you switched pipes, but with that 3 stage rocket launcher on the side, you couldn't hear it. Check your plugs and tweak your map. Remember it's a twin, so even a perfectly tuned, custom mapped Warrior is still gonna pop now and then.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
when you remove the muzzel from the beast it will bark. things that will help are a proper map, custom or other wise, AIS removal, and warming up properly before riding.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
if it wasnt a little knarley it wouldnt be much fun. i played around with a few maps before finding the right combo for my mods. its funny how ones custom map with the same mods can vary from bike to bike. did that make sence?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very common, there's lots of ways to lessen the backfires, I recommend removing the AIS (Air Induction System) and getting a custom map for the PCIII. I have the bigshots and rarely get backfiring any more after I got the custom map made.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for so many replies guys. Its a big help to me, I'll check the links that were suggested by you guys and MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts