RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I currently have the Seial PC3 and the amount of addapters and cords I need to make modifications to my maps is a pain in the ass.Also, according to a dealer who creates custom maps, the serial version only allows you to modify your ranges in 0.1 incriments vice the 0.05 incriments the USB offers. So, my quesiton is this...is there any way to swap out the Serial PC3 with a USB without a full uninstall and reinstall procedure?

Thanks for the info,

Roger

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don't believe there is, but the new PC3 comes with an additional plug for the tps and digital ground so there is no more need to do the perfect install.

·
Administrator
30,408 Posts
You will have to un-install your serial unit carefully. I believe the serial unit connects to the TPS wire at the TPS as did the early-version PC3USB. Be very careful not to damage the TPS wire itself while un-installing the crimp connector. It took me half-an-hour to slowly pry the crimp connector off the flimsy TPS wire without damage.

The newest PC3USB uses a TPS plug so the re-install will be 100% plug-and-play. If you buy one and get the early version without the TPS plug, Dynojet will update it for you for free, just tell them you are an RSW.COM member. Even better yet, just ask your vendor to clarify in advance the PC3USB is the newest version with the TPS plug.

You are right, its much more easily programmed. I bought a cheaplaptop last year just for the garage and with three bikes its turned out to be handy to have e-manuals and Dynojet software right at the bikes. A real time saver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts