RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a map for said mods...anyone? Forgot to also list BTK powerpipe and AIS blockoff in the title.

Update.
map now needed for:
V&H Propipe
Churchkey VBAK
AIS blockoff BTK Power pipe
Patrick racing HC pistons
SS cams
valve springs
lifters
If anybody has a similar set up I would appreciate it...

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I should be getting them by the end of the week, paid for....I was just doing a search on installing them, do I need to drain the oil? And they look pretty shiny in the pics so I think I'm good!

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone with a map that's close? I don't wanna shell out more hundreds for another dyno!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Anyone with a map that's close? I don't wanna shell out more hundreds for another dyno!
if ya spent all that money on performance mods you really should get the custom map.Every bike is different even with the same mods.seriously whats another couple hundred bucks,you could blow that much on booze and a concert !

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm, that might be cool, I wonder how much of a difference it would be between the Bigshots and the Propipe....

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can't find my pc3 cable or instructions, I'll just ride it and see how it feels, get a tune next payday.

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
I forgot to mention this and I don't know if anyone else has but you seriously need to get your cylinders "honed" before you install your new pistons or the rings aren't going to seat properly. I would much rather own a bike with stock pistons than one that burns or smokes. And while you're at it you should get some that are a thousandth over so that you have good/new compression. ;) Good luck with your endeavor.

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
I forgot to mention this and I don't know if anyone else has but you seriously need to get your cylinders "honed" before you install your new pistons or the rings aren't going to seat properly. I would much rather own a bike with stock pistons than one that burns or smokes. And while you're at it you should get some that are a thousandth over so that you have good/new compression. ;) Good luck with your endeavor.
You do not have to get the Nikasil coated cylinders honed. There is plenty of info on this out there. Unless you have cylinder damage or you are going to 108-110 bore. Just clean the cylinders up with soap and water to make sure your cylinders are clean and install pistons.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The shop did hone the cylinders but they used a soft honing stone as to not damage the coating.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Good info to know thanks for posting this. Out of curiosity what will happen if the nikasil gets compromised by honing?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts