RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a PCIII on my warrior. I did not do anything extra other than what the instructions told me to. I am worried about heat from the engine ruining the wires. I tried my best to have them not contacting the negine but after I put the air cleaner back on, who knows. Is this something I need to be worried about? If so, any suggestions?

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,724 Posts
I see this is a little older post, and I see you might have your bike up for sale, but wanted to add to this in case helpful.

Was your PC3 an all-plug-in unit or did it have one crimp-connector? Another way to ask this, there is a gray wire that runs from under the seat to the right side between the cylinders. Does that crimp onto the TPS wire, or does it plug in?

Here's the install instructions for the newer TPS-plug version. Is this how yours installed, or did it have one crimp connector with a red plug at the TPS wire instead of all plugs? http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/403/install/411/eng403-411.pdf

The reason I'm asking, you should double-wrap the red crimp connector and gently support the gray wire from the PC3 so it doesn't rotate against the cylinder wall. Leave space for the gray wire to vibrate without pulling out, you don't want to damage the yellow TPS wire over time. NTW if you have the red crimp connector version, search for 'Perfect PC Install' for more information (its also in the Popular Mods post).

beefcake44b said:
I recently installed a PCIII on my warrior. I did not do anything extra other than what the instructions told me to. I am worried about heat from the engine ruining the wires. I tried my best to have them not contacting the negine but after I put the air cleaner back on, who knows. Is this something I need to be worried about? If so, any suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts