RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys will have to forgive the questions as it’s my first warrior AND power commander. I plan on getting a custom dyno map beginning of next year. Currently, my 06 has a VBAK, ais delete, and Samson pipes with baffles. Sounds simple enough, im currently running the WarriorPC3 map. But with that map im still getting some popping/backfires on decel. From what I’ve read it’s typically happening in the pipe (the bike runs smooth on acceleration) so it shouldn’t be causing engine damage. But im thinking it’s running a bit lean and it needs a richer map. Sound off, again im new to PC3 maps. Im not looking for power as much as smooth running and acceptable gas mileage. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
So if plugs are good and no exhaust leaks then try another map.....maybe speegle's

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV17PC
102 Posts
You guys will have to forgive the questions as it’s my first warrior AND power commander. I plan on getting a custom dyno map beginning of next year. Currently, my 06 has a VBAK, ais delete, and Samson pipes with baffles. Sounds simple enough, im currently running the WarriorPC3 map. But with that map im still getting some popping/backfires on decel. From what I’ve read it’s typically happening in the pipe (the bike runs smooth on acceleration) so it shouldn’t be causing engine damage. But im thinking it’s running a bit lean and it needs a richer map. Sound off, again im new to PC3 maps. Im not looking for power as much as smooth running and acceptable gas mileage. Thanks in advance guys.

My '07 warrior came with a PCIII that was not working nor did it have the cables and especially the 9v battery adapter. I upgraded to the PCV. The PCV retails everywhere for $400+. The five is much more advanced. It has two additional coil connectors to factor in spark/advance and it doesn't have to be removed from the bike to update.

I'm getting ready to go with the Cobra unit instead and will sell my PCV to you for $200. It's practically brand new with only a few hundred miles on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts