RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a PCIII where are you guys getting them and what kind of prices are you paying. Money is alittle slow right now and I want to get the most out of my BigShots without damageing my bike. I know i could change the factory settings but that scares me I'll mess that up. Also where do you put the PCIII (UNDER SEAT) tHANKS.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
It's really nothing to be afraid of re-setting the ECU. If you've ever set a digital watch you can pull this off. Also from doing it myself and reading others mistakes on the forum, it really seems pretty hard to screw things up.
Another thing is exhaust changes really make a lot smaller difference than most people realize. The stock can might be heavy and hard on the eyes but it isn't restrictive. I'd be pretty suprised if the Big Shot's actually flowed any better (sacralage I know). Going from knowledge gained in the HD camp, an air cleaner swap would usually net you better than 3 times the HP gain that an exhaust would. I watched the American Thunder hop up of their Night Train. They did all there internal mods (the full sceaming eagle thing) then they tried out 15 different sets of pipes on the Dyno. Most were no better or slightly worse than stock. They finally got ALMOST 3 horse out of a full blow 2 into 1 closed circuit type set up (no I don't remember who's it was.
I do remeber that after a wheel barrel full of cash they finaly got it up to just under 100HP and 100 ft/lbs. and it still weighed more than the Warrior, so I went to bed happy.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by lagalaxy8

Looking to get a PCIII where are you guys getting them and what kind of prices are you paying. Money is alittle slow right now and I want to get the most out of my BigShots without damageing my bike. I know i could change the factory settings but that scares me I'll mess that up. Also where do you put the PCIII (UNDER SEAT) tHANKS.

LA, yes the PC-III sits under the seat. There's a small alcove above the dry break, just to the rear of the tank...

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
I got mine at Kyle Racing. Got it fast and for $259.00 That's the best price I've seen for a new unit.

http://www.kyleusa.com/catalog/power_commander_yamaha_2261342.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts