RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, I'm back again with another question. This 4m is a great resource and you guys were awesome when I inquired about riding on the "darkside" I did install a 235 and rode for a season with it. Ran about 22lbs, It launched like a MF but too much counter steer in the twisties for my liking. Went back t the stock 200 for this season. Anyway, Im here asking about the pcs monster pro pipe and the pcs roadster exhaust. Both with the turnout tip. From what I can see they are about the same however, the Monster pro is longer and comes with a bracket and the roadster is a shorty and is only dependent of being held up by the header bolts. Im not lookin for a crazy loud pipe. I like to have a nice low rumble that will still wake up when I hit it. I like the 2-1s for more low power and really love the look of the turn out. Ive seen the HK side burners as well but don't care for the chrome and cant find them in black. I don't want to deal with the hassle of stripping and recoating them either. If I were to go to a 2-2 I would consider the V&H Big Radius. Wanted to pick your brains a bit on which of the pipes would have more of a low growl tone to it or if any of you suggest another set of pipes? Ive spent hours on youtube listing to pipes but can't seem to pull the trigger. Please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just got the pro pipe straight with a tip, I wanted the option of changing the baffle, it is a much meaner sound than stock, I'm not really a loud pipe guy but it does make me smile. Only initial concern is I need to get some heat shields, it is much hotter than stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the monster pro pipe. I didnt like how the roadster hangs off the head bolts. The monster pro pipe sounds mean as f*** with the extra $40 vortex baffle. It is loud bit it is a low and quality sounding pipe. Harley guys I ride with like it and ask about it. Get the monster pro. Shorter pipes are always louder so the roadster will be louder and higher pitched.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It's an awesome looking and sounding exhaust. Possibly the best for the warrior.
But it's not without issues, so do your research.
Spend 30 minutes with the search function and educate yourself before dropping the $.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I just got the pro pipe straight with a tip, I wanted the option of changing the baffle, it is a much meaner sound than stock, I'm not really a loud pipe guy but it does make me smile. Only initial concern is I need to get some heat shields, it is much hotter than stock.
Not knowing anything about your bike, I feel compelled to ask if you have a fuel tuner and if you’ve adjusted the map. If no, it’s time to make the investment. The pipe running hotter is due to it running lean.

I’ll stop there and see if you have any questions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The difference is it being ceramic coated single wall, is normal and within spec. I do have a tuner and am getting ivans ecu to put in this week.... not any crazy mods but the most beneficial, in the best sequence I can figure. Progressive rear shock/ spring, upgraded coils, fuel tuner, church v-bak, pcs monster pro.... waiting on upgraded front forks now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey All, Thanks for the input! I think Im going to go with the monster pro but still keep the turn out. Ill fab up a short 4" comp baffle wrapped with some glass to maybe tone it down a bit and try to get that low rumble Im looking for. In the past couple of years I've added a spikes intake, AIS removal plates, Barons BAK, 1000lb spring with 2" lower links, Left side clean up, chopped the rear fender back about 8" to get rid of the hump in the middle and added an integrated LED taillight/blinker strip under the fender, Removed the baffles from the original "water heater" and cut it back 7" and welded the end back together to use the end cap, extended the forward controls 5" (I'm 6'1" 330) and a few other little things here and there. It actually sounds pretty mean with the original muffler shortened and debaffled but still looks so dumb so decided to finally do the exhaust and get the Dyna Jet Power Commander installed and tuned at the dealer. Is there anything else I should need other than the power commander... isn't that a fuel management system/tune?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Ivan's Flash.
Best bang for you buck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I actually just ordered the PCS roadster a couple weeks ago with the turnout and race vortex baffle in the ceramikrome. I'm not sure when they're supposed to ship but I'll probably make a post once I get them on with some pics too. Hoping to get a shipped notification this week but who knows haha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sandytows, Do I get the Ivan's flash instead of the power commander or combined with the power commander?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bjd68, I look forward to seeing and hearing the roadster! Ive looked on youtube for side by side comparisons of the monster pro and roadster with idle, revs and ride bys. Just wasn't successful finding the right vids I guess. I don't recall how many posts you need before being able t add photos and videos but I need to search the site again so I know when Ill be able to do so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah I couldn’t find many pics or videos of the PCS exhaust line either ... I know there is a post on here with pics of the roadster on someone’s bike and also I found a video from GD warrior on youtube with the roadster but I think his name is like Indian Challenger Rider or something now haha So i’ll probably definitely do some sort of post soon on the exhaust and some other mods that i’ve been working on ... not the biggest issue but something to consider when buying is the power commander tune... reason I’m mentioning is because I realized that there is no existing tunes for the PCS exhausts so I might have to pay someone to tune my bike when i get the exhaust but i’m not sure .. will probably ask that question soon or see if somebody has a tune they’re willing to share

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
The pcs pipes are known for cracking, not sure if they have remedied this issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes Ive heard of the issue with them cracking. If I went with the roadster I would definitely fab up a bracket! I heard the monster pro has a bracket because of the length is that correct?

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
I have welded 2 of these pipes as the ended up cracking. They were thin walled tubing and yes no bracket to support the weight. I fabbed a bracket for one guy but both of them ended up selling the PCS pipes for other pipes.
The only bad thing for shopping for pipes will be the lack of brand new options and alot more searching and scouring the internet for your desired pipes.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Sandytows, Do I get the Ivan's flash instead of the power commander or combined with the power commander?
You can do one or the other, but best option is both.
They do different things.
Read up on them.
But in my opinion Ivans flash is the best single mod that can be done for the warrior.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone recommend the Hard Krome sideburner? Would these be any better the the pcs pipes? Id really like to stick with the 2-1 with turnout tip.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So Ivan is great at telling you what your options are, you can do many different things and what is best depends on your mods and what your overall plan is. Many times both are a good option but definitely get the biggest difference from ivans.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the monster pro pipe and had it dyno tuned. It sounds like a totally different machine. Get the vortex baffle with it. It is super low rumble. Cannot speak for the roadster but typically the shorter the louder and higher pitched. Mine was tuned out of the gate with the exhaust. So far no peeling or issues. Only been a month and half so time will tell. Single wall yes but all pipes are single wall that just have heat shields over.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jbrawler55, Id really like to hear that beast if you are able to upload a vid or pass along a link to your youtube vid if you have one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts