RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to the 4m. Last week I purchased a one owner, 2007 RS warrior with 5000 miles on it. The bike was in great condition, but has been sitting for more than it's been ridden. I rode it back home about 2 hours with no issues at all. The bike needed an oil change which I did. It has heat wrapped samson street sweeper exaust, terry components fuel managment auto tuner and a barrons stealth BAK with the relocation plate and all the good stuff. I was riding around and realized that the bike was a little laggy, and had much play in the throttle cable. So I took the air filter pods out and adjusted the throttle cable. The filter pods were absolutely caked with soot. Bought a KN recharge kit, followed the cleaning and re oil instructions and put it all back together. Fast forward 2 days and the bike won't start unless I give it gas. Rev the throttle a little and when it revs down the engine wants to stall. The fuel managment system lights up green shortly after startup showing that its communicating the O2 sensor readings to the ECU. Theres is some deep muffled pops coming from deep in the exaust every once and a while.. but I wouldn't say it's a misfire.. Not sure where to go from here? Plugs?

·
Registered
146 Posts
is it the same doing a cold start and a warm start? also did you try turning the idle up, that's simple and will tell you a lot. adjusting the cables is where i would go back too, make sure it didn't affect the throttle body balance. Idle set, a wire getting unhooked etc.

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Usually when I get a new vehicle I give her a good once over plugs, fluids etc....
Mjerney suggested looking at the idle. So set your idle like at 950 approx. after your bike is all warmed up.
I would do the plugs as a maintenance precaution and it will give you a glance to see how the combustion is.
You mentioned a "terry components fuel management auto tuner"...I am unfamiliar with that unit. Would you mind snapping a pic for me?
You said bike sat for a bit.......several gallons of fresh gas will do wonders.
Also when you did the recharge make sure all vacuum connections are correct, Here are some good diagrams

·
Administrator
30,376 Posts
With respect to the oil change, did you drain both 17mm drain plugs plus new oil filter? Also see the Yamaha video in the Welcome Mat forum, watch it twice its short but critical to catch all steps.

It's possible that while working under the tank that you bumped a hose or wire for the Linear Control Valve (an automatic choke for fuel injection systems). Or it might have been removed prior. Search for LCV or Linear Control Valve for help identifying it.

The fuel manager wiring may have been bumped too. But more likely it's corrupted with age. I think that brand is a rebranded antique. Might be Dobeck / Techlusion, but uncertain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oil was drained from both areas as I watched a how too video while doing it. Today it fired right up, idled well and felt pretty good. However, after riding for a little while, I noticed that there is excessive popping during deceleration and intermittent pops while holding the throttle during driving, even one time it coughed through the throttle body air filter... Could anyone attest this to fouled plugs? I have a picture of a plug, does it look fouled to you guys?

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Look up AIS block off and see if your bike has this done as this is a huge culprit for the popping. Also that fuel tuner might not be working correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will post pictures of the fuel manager tomorrow. Another question I am curious about. My pipes are heat wrapped. I'm not sure if this would be enough to throw off the tuner? The tuner runs an O2 sensor directly to the rear header.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts