RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i apologize in advance if this starts some arguments between yamaha, OE, and patrick racing. which kit offers the most bang for the buck? im going with one of the three this winter. i know i wont need everything in the speedstar kit (pipes for one). i wonder if yamaha will deduct from the price for the items i already have? thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
That's of course assuming you could actually get it from Yamaha.
Why don't you decide what YOU want and then price it out with OE and Patrick. Maybe even post the results, a little competition is always good isn't it?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have priced it all out. Yamaha's kit is a joke! For less $$ you can get 10-20 more hp from either PR or OE. Both those guys are about the same in price but if you buy different stuff from each and do everything ie: cylinders, pistons, head work, and cam, you can save a lot. I figuered that would cost just under 3k (not including install or BAK or PC111) But you should talk to Bismark I think he knows a few tricks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
actually here in atlanta i found a place that can get me the speedstar kit for 3k (they want 1200 to install it) not sure what im gonna do here tho

·
Registered
490 Posts
the new speedstar kit is 3k so don't let them tell you that is a deal as far as 1200 for install, a little steep if you ask me. the hardest part is the cam, everything else is plug and play

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
danny: check this-http://rswarrior.com/files/orientExpress/oepu2.jpg
for prices on Orient Express. I have the prices for Patrick racing too but not know how to insert a sacan document here. Good Luck!1

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Those prices are "guess-timates" that include labor. Your best bet is to find a decent local shop to do the labor if you are not planning on doing it yourself and tell them what you would like to modify. You'll be doing yoursef a big favor if you find a shop with a Dynojet 250 dyno for the best tuning of your new conbo.

Here are current prces on what we offer/emoticons/emotion-3.gif-Pipe=$449
PC3=$349
95mm or 100mm Pistons=$325
100mm Cylinders=$450 with exchange
Cam Kit=$925 with your old cams for exchange.
Heads with big valves fully ported=$1450 with exchange
Throttle Body Boring=$450 with exchange

To find some focused threads on the stuff we offer you might do a search as I just did with the words "performance stage orient"...there's plenty of reading to do....

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Rob Hughes

Those prices are "guess-timates" that include labor. Your best bet is to find a decent local shop to do the labor if you are not planning on doing it yourself and tell them what you would like to modify. You'll be doing yoursef a big favor if you find a shop with a Dynojet 250 dyno for the best tuning of your new conbo.

Here are current prces on what we offer/emoticons/emotion-3.gif-Pipe=$449
PC3=$349
100mm Cylinders=$450 with exchange
Cam Kit=$925 with your old cams for exchange.
Heads with big valves fully ported=$1450 with exchange
Throttle Body Boring=$450 with exchange

To find some focused threads on the stuff we offer you might do a search as I just did with the words "performance stage orient"...there's plenty of reading to do....

Rob,

In what hp range would that put my bike? I assume it is more than the claimed 25-30% more of the speedstar IV kit, right?

Thanks!

Oliver

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi, great to be back on the board. Here is a simple kit that retains your stock decompression mechanism, keeps your idle at about 700rpm, cam is drop in, no machining the cases for clearance, and will give you enough so that V-Rod gets a good look at your taillight. The hp and tq ratings are conservative at 105hp and 125ftlbs at the rear wheel. If you want more, give me a call and we can discuss some more radical mods. Here is the pricing for that kit. Please feel free to give me a call or email me. A Dynojet 250 dyno, with the tuning link is the best bet to get the most of your pc3.

Here are current prices on what we offer: Vance & Hines ProPipe=$449
PC3=$299
100mm Big Bore Kit (includes pistons, base, and head gaskets)=$795
Big Bore kit uses your cylinders
Cam Kit (includes cams,hard face lifters,
and adj. titanium push rods) =$795
with your old cams for exchange.
High Lift Spring Kit w/titanium retainers=$795
Heads with big valves fully ported=$1030 uses your heads

Optional: Billet Push Rod Tubes= $192.00
(These are two-piece collapsible tubes, makes push rod adjustment a breeze.)

Also our high flow air filter kits will be ready in about 2-3 weeks.

Thanks David

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
quote:Originally posted by PRWarrior

Thanks David

High Flow air kit[?]. Now you've got my attention! Tell use more...

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
quote:Originally posted by PRWarrior

Hi, great to be back on the board. Here is a simple kit that retains your stock decompression mechanism, keeps your idle at about 700rpm, cam is drop in, no machining the cases for clearance, and will give you enough so that V-Rod gets a good look at your taillight. The hp and tq ratings are conservative at 105hp and 125ftlbs at the rear wheel. If you want more, give me a call and we can discuss some more radical mods. Here is the pricing for that kit. Please feel free to give me a call or email me. A Dynojet 250 dyno, with the tuning link is the best bet to get the most of your pc3.

Here are current prices on what we offer: Vance & Hines ProPipe=$449
PC3=$299
100mm Big Bore Kit (includes pistons, base, and head gaskets)=$795
Big Bore kit uses your cylinders
Cam Kit (includes cams,hard face lifters,
and adj. titanium push rods) =$795
with your old cams for exchange.
High Lift Spring Kit w/titanium retainers=$795
Heads with big valves fully ported=$1030 uses your heads

Optional: Billet Push Rod Tubes= $192.00
(These are two-piece collapsible tubes, makes push rod adjustment a breeze.)

Thanks David

Yes, but what about that bad ass pipe you have on the race bikes, I want one of those!! Rearsets?

·
Registered
361 Posts
man I would love to do that know its just a matter of finding a shop that can do it this winter also whats the prices with keeping my old parts cuase it might be cheaper for me cuase shipping here in Alaska is pretty steep, also I doubt it but if anyone out there from alaska like Oldman knows where there is a good dyno shop I would be real interested thanks

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Hmmm......Dave you shouldn't copy my mistakes too...lol

We offer 97mm pistons not 95 for the Warrior.

Also note that our Cam Kit comes with Orient Express valve springs in addition to the Hard faced Cams, Ceramic Lifters anf the 4130 Chromoly adjustable push-rods.

Our Ported Big Valve heads also include springs so if you bought the Cam Kit previously we can deduct the cost of them or visa versa.

We keep completed heads on the shelf as well as cams kits and ususlly have Big Bore Orient Express cylinders in stock for exchange as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts