RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered the forward controls from Phat. Matt was helpful in agreeing with having the heel rests for the height impaired. They will arrive tomorrow, and be put on Thursday (yes at the dealers). I will get pics and give you my impression. Thus far my dealer is VERY interested in these babies!

FastFreddie

10 July ...

Went to the dealers and had them put on the Legend forward controls. Here is my take on them.

1) Mine were chrome .. the chrome was VERY good I'd give it a 9
2) Most everything was in this kit.
a) Among the missing were the Banjo washers. In all fairness the FAQ that Phat has for this product states you can re-use the banjo washers. It's just my dealer thought it would be best to replace then just in case they (the old ones) would leak).
b) 2 chrome bolts for the horn relocation kit. The kit does come with a relocation bracket.
c) the hydrolic break switch assembly has the wrong gender connectors on the end of the wires. So the dealer canbalized the existing switch.

Over all it's a nice package. HOWEVER, the spacers are really not thick enough. I honestly do not know if structurally making then 2wice the thickness and including aircraft SS bolts would be a sound decision. The controls are too close for my liking. I will order the extended shift or break pegs. I do not have many miles on them but I am more comfortable with these. I will write Matt and see if he does have MUCH longer bolts for an additional set of spacers and get his perspective.

Matt suggested to have the heel rests and I am glad he did! Overall I believe this is a good solution for the cramped foot pegs that come with the bike, and they look GREAT!

I called PHAT talked with Matt, what an awesome guy. He took care of me and with his attitude I'll be a repeat customer!!! THANKS MATT!!!

Pictures will be posted within the week!!
FastFreddie

·
Registered
118 Posts
o man just bought a sh*t load of stuff from phats and missed the coupon[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif][/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
They ahve got my bis from now on.. Ordered my Tricky Air through them and it was a pleasure to deal with them. Tricky packed the wrong stuff and they were on it quik!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
just recieved new young guns seat from phats excellent product and they were very easy to deal with keep up the good work and the discount thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just received my third order from matt and the gang... always happy to do business with them... nice folks, great service, class act...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i want big shots and they have one of the best prices but everyone has them I dont know !!!!!!!! i like jug huggers but they are an arm in and a leg , do bubs have slash cut tips or anything ?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Guys I really don't think it's cool to post links to other companies within a post like this regardless of the discounts. That being said it would be nice if Phats advertised and supported this site like other vendors do, but still don't punch a gift horse in the mouth, that's not cool.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I Agree with Rob. Please do not give plugs to another vendor. Totally disrespectful.
Phats does support our site by giving us a discount even as little as some of you think it is. It is better then no discount. I have ordered numerous parts/toys from PhatsPerformance. Matt answers all my emails/questions without hesitation or lapse in time. Very promt, courteious and informative. I could not ask for anymore loyalty to a client base then what PhatsPerformance has proven to our members. If anyone questioned Phats integrity it was me from the very beginning. I questioned their input, their supply, their products, their integrity. Just ask Terry. It took me close to a year to give them a try and I have not once been disappointed with everything mentioned above. Good Folks to deal with.

Ed

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I'll second that Ed, they are a good group and actually easy to think of as dealing with friends, I recommed them here and everywhere else. The way I see it, good service, standing behind your product, friendly and helpful staff is worth quite a bit in and of itself

·
Registered
308 Posts
I too have ordered from Phats just recently and think that they have exceptional customer service. They even responded very quickly when I initially placed an order and forgot to mention the discount provided to the members of this site. Thanks Matt for updating my order.
They may not always offer the lowest prices but I'll gladly pay their price if they can continue to provide great customer service...and free shipping.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi guys,

Been so busy lately I haven't had time to check this forum lately. I assume from the posts above that someone posted a link to a lower price at a different website.

I think the big picture needs to be looked at here. All our prices are already pre-discounted and we don't tack on hidden fee's or handling charges like some of the other super low price sites do. Our 5% discount we offer to forum members is on TOP of our already discounted prices and free shipping which works out to great savings any way you cut it.

The simple truth is that if anyone searches around enough they will always find a lower price from various vendors on a single item or various items. Even with us, we are LOWER on some individual parts and HIGHER on others. The important thing is that our entire product lineup as a whole is always more than competitive. If we or any dealer were to be lowest on every single part, the reality is, the business wouldn't be around long.

I also feel very strongly that we have more to offer than just a simple price. We have a super website that is very easy to navigate and loaded with over 10,000 parts and growing daily. We have well over $100,000 worth of popular parts on hand which means orders for those parts ship the very same day the order is placed. Our service is easily second to none, which is something we are very proud of. We know a good deal about the bike's that we sell parts for which is rare in this industry. We've brought to market killer forward controls at an insanely low price for the quality and have more products in the works. Not only do we do all of the above, we still have great prices across our entire website to top it off! If someone only compares us to our competitors on price alone, they aren't doing us or themselves justice IMHO.

I have to give a BIG THANKS for all our customers that realize there is more to picking a vendor than just a rock bottom price on a paticular item (even though we may already be the lowest on some items). Thanks again, we truly appreciate your valued support more than any words I can type here can ever convey!!!!!!!!

Regards
Terry
Phat Performance Parts
www.phatperformanceparts.com
email - [email protected]
949-859-PHAT (742/emoticons/emotion-11.gif

PS- Another BIG THANK YOU goes to all the members that chimed in to defend us!

21 - 40 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.