RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one ever dealt with phat performance parts? I ordered a tricky air ride form them last Sunday, I got a conformation email right away, but have not received a shipping invoice. I tried to call them and I get a recording that they are experiencing high call volumes and to please leave a message and they will get right back with you. I left a message on Tuesday and yesterday, and no return call from them, Their phone lines open at 10 am and I got that message at 10 am. My credit card was charged on Monday. Thinking I should call and have payment stopped and just get it direct form Tricky air.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I haven't delt with them,but from reading post on here I wouldn't deal with them..

Probably just cancell payment and order direct FRM Tricky Air...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called my credit card company and stopped payment! After three messages and no return call, I am over it.

·
Administrator
28,415 Posts
Yep +1 with Jim. I saw a recent thread with a similar event. In that event the seller 'owner' involved himself. Nuff sed.

Many of us had crazy experiences. I used to buy for a group of members and non-members around the planet. Got messed-over. Complained. Got confronted. Walked away. I ended up reimbursing a non-usa member for his payment when the part did not arrive to me but was proven to have been paid to them. Then they gave me grief. I walked away from them. Over the surrounding months many many others did too.

That was maybe a decade ago. Since then I have bought only two things for international members and nothing else. Guess what. I was left holding the bag on one of these two orders so agree they are not a top-tier trusted supplier. This is not the forum's position just mine.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Jim I have purchased a few items from Phat Performance Parts in the past with no problems. When I ordered cables and brake lines from them. They left me hanging with no communication for quite some time. When I did get to speak with them, they lied to me and I got the runaround. I cancelled my order and did received a full refund. Their customer service SUCKS. I will NEVER buy anything from them again.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
This is a shame, when I first purchased my warrior around 2012 I made multiple purchases and spent a lot of money with them and never had a issue. Their prices were the best around at the time. Not sure what's happened with them over the past few years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I hope that this will serve to let members know too steer clear of Phat Performance, I have no trust in any company that operates like this, If they go to a voice mail response upon every call I will not deal with them! If they are having business difficulties then they post that on there web sight, or close it down. I even tried to cancel order on web sight when you click on cancel, it just takes you back to cancel order, and never lets you cancel.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well I hope that this will serve to let members know too steer clear of Phat Performance, I have no trust in any company that operates like this, If they go to a voice mail response upon every call I will not deal with them! If they are having business difficulties then they post that on there web sight, or close it down. I even tried to cancel order on web sight when you click on cancel, it just takes you back to cancel order, and never lets you cancel.
Jim I had to use my work phone because they knew my cell number and wouldn’t answer when I called. Funny that I couldn’t get thru after numerous attempts and when I used a different phone with different area code,,, they answered. Give that a try. Good luck.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Jim - I had a similar issue recently (see below that I posted in another thread a week ago). If you do want to track down your parts the note on paypal says to put "Paypal dispute" in the subject field of an email to the owner, Terry, at [email protected]

My guess is this is just a small to mid sized motorcycle shop that holds very little inventory. They try to look 'big' online and just buy the parts you order at the time you order them. Again, it took a while, but I got my parts. In today's environment of "amazon prime" and free two day shipping, it is unnerving when a company won't give you updates as soon as you order... bottom line, I don't think they are scammers taking people's money, I just think they are a smaller shop without the proper infrastructure to provide updates on your order as quickly as we are used to these days.

Hope this helps.

Concerning PhatPerformanceParts... After a week I didn't get a shipping notification so I tried to cancel. I tried calling twice but nobody picked up. I emailed three times over the course of four days to cancel... No response. Luckily I used PayPal. When I went to file a complaint through PayPal the store had a memo for you to read. It basically says, "I'm the owner of PhatPerformanceParts. Please email me at X before filing a complaint through PayPal."
I did.
He replied the next day and explained the parts were being shipped to him from the manufacturer and we're expected to arrive at his place in 3 days.
I got the bars and it really wasnt a big deal for me... I wasnt in a hurry to put them on my bike... I just like communication when there are delays in my order. So would I order from them again? Yes, if it was something I was in NO hurry for.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jim - I had a similar issue recently (see below that I posted in another thread a week ago). If you do want to track down your parts the note on paypal says to put "Paypal dispute" in the subject field of an email to the owner, Terry, at [email protected]

My guess is this is just a small to mid sized motorcycle shop that holds very little inventory. They try to look 'big' online and just buy the parts you order at the time you order them. Again, it took a while, but I got my parts. In today's environment of "amazon prime" and free two day shipping, it is unnerving when a company won't give you updates as soon as you order... bottom line, I don't think they are scammers taking people's money, I just think they are a smaller shop without the proper infrastructure to provide updates on your order as quickly as we are used to these days.

Hope this helps.

Concerning PhatPerformanceParts... After a week I didn't get a shipping notification so I tried to cancel. I tried calling twice but nobody picked up. I emailed three times over the course of four days to cancel... No response. Luckily I used PayPal. When I went to file a complaint through PayPal the store had a memo for you to read. It basically says, "I'm the owner of PhatPerformanceParts. Please email me at X before filing a complaint through PayPal."
I did.
He replied the next day and explained the parts were being shipped to him from the manufacturer and we're expected to arrive at his place in 3 days.
I got the bars and it really wasnt a big deal for me... I wasnt in a hurry to put them on my bike... I just like communication when there are delays in my order. So would I order from them again? Yes, if it was something I was in NO hurry for.
I did not use paypal, or I would have been able to file a complaint, I called my credit cart company and canceled payment! But thanks for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts