RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had agreat day yesterday - up to a point! Attila came over and we went for a ride to meet one of our mates at a biker café, had a great breakfast and a chin wag then anice ride back to my pad.

One of my daughters had a friend over and after Attila headed off for home my wife said that she would take the girls up to McDonalds for a special treat. As she was getting the kids in the car I put my bike in the garage and walked back into the house, within 30 secondsI heard analmightly crash and as I looked out of the window I saw my little Astra convertible buried about 5 feet into thegarage door - which had been closed!

What my Missushad done was to reach into the car, put the keys into the ignition and turn it over so that the alarm didn't go off while the kids were getting in. The only problem was, that I aways leave the car in gear so naturally as she turned the ignitionthe enginetuned over, leapt into life and the car shot forward 30 feet only to come to a stop when it had piled through the CLOSED garage door!
Luckily one of the kids wasalready in the car and strapped in(my Daughters friend) and myDaughter was standing next to the car waiting to get in, so nobody was hurt.

After checking that everyone was ok and after extracting the car from the garage mynext thought was for my bike[:'(] , which 5 miniutes earlier had been parked right infront of the Astra!

Inside the garage looked a mess, everything had been pushed in about 5-6 feet - including my bike which had a set of weights and a weightbench piled up onto the frontmudguard and wheel, there was a 5kg dumbell hanging off the front rotor!!!! After a brief inspectionwe were amazed to discover that there was not one scratch on the bike, PHEW!! Lots of damage to the car and to the garage door though, but I'm not bothered about that.

Poor old Mrs_Brit_Baps, she was in a sorry old state last night. Iexplained that nobody was hurt and that material things can be replaced but she was still pretty shook up, I think mainly becauseshe had someone elses child in the car at the time, and of course while that child is in our care we are responsible for their safety.

All is well now. Ellie has calmed down and is now laughing about it with me I'll take the bike for a test run today to make sure that the front rotor is ok.

It's certainly not something she'll do again in a hurry bless 'er

Some pics:

After I had reversed the car out of the garage: Ellie looks as if she wished she hadn't got out of bed that morning!

First look inside, my bike had been parked parallel to the garage door (facing this way) so the fronthad been pushed 4 feet to the right!
Only the stand prevented it from being pushed over! That big white thing to the right is a freezer that was backed up to the garage door!!!!

OUCH!

Yes that is a Weights bench piled onto the front fender! The TV is smashed up too!

Some scratching to the front but the car is pretty old and knackered so nothing to get excited about.

·
Administrator
29,923 Posts
Your luck is holding out my friend. I'm happy everything looks goodand that nobody was hurt. Its good to laugh at this sort of thing since there's nothing else can be done and humor heals almost everything. I'll bet you have things fixed in no time, better than before!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Phew is right! Close call. Glad to hear all is well, though. Take that bike for an extra loooong ride just to make sure!

·
Registered
722 Posts
crikey bollocks mate! LUCKY! Glad everyone's ok and the bikes ok - you should buy a lottery ticket mate!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
WOMEN can't live with them can't live without them. That could have been so much worse, Glad all the people involved are ok. take care Andy! With a house that damaged and unliveable it 's time to move to the States.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Jeepers! Glad everyone's OK. Looks like it could have been much worse. Worrying thing is, I tend to leave the car in gear too, but might want to rethink, before Mrs R decides to bump start it over the bikes.

P.S. Nice garage! Swap ya?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Sorry to hear about that scare. At least the kids, the Warrior and your child bride is OK.

Have her go play the lottery or gamble some because she seems to be full of good luck.

so what mods are you going to do the door? Custom paint job? Some chrome? A little powder coating? May be raise it up a little

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i'm sure she's really embarassed for starters and then you start thinking about "what could have happened" .... i'm glad no one was hurt and that fine looking bike you have wasnt damaged

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
WHEW!!!! That was a close one , glad no one was hurt and the bike is ok too. Just tell Mrs Britt that a little TLC
could make you forget the whole thing ever happened

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
Andy,

I am glad everyone is safe and you lot can laugh about it now. But I gotta tell ya, we can't leave you alone for minute and something like this goes and happens. Tell her for her punishment she has to accompany you to the states for the next WarriorFest, that'll teach her. Make her spend some time with us yanks what with our driving on the wrong side of the road and all, she'll be more than happy to get back home. Where the worse thing that can pull out in front of you is a house your own house. Really glad everyone is alright, stay saf, mate.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
brit , hi this is mrs warriorblue , ask tom im something of a white witch , saw the pics and ooh a little voice said be careful !!! this is a warning , take extra care over the next few days we all take a lot for granted. nothing too scary but just take xrta care.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello..........s'only me!!!

Just thought that I'd show me baps online to say thank you yet again for all your kind words in the face of another one of my monstrous F%$# Ups!!! I don't likedoing things by halves....I'm more of a "in yer face" kinda gal!!! (or in yer garage door more to the point!)

It appears to be my year for catastrophes and I'm only thankful that during my attempts to either bankrupt or demolish the family bank accountand home, no animals were injured in the process!! (However I'm not sure that my daughter's friend will be staying with us again any time soon!!)

Thanks again for taking the pi$$, it makes the pain of reliving those disastrous moments all the more easy to bear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts