RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Before cell phones a Bud who lived in Clearwater spent the night on that bridge in the rain. Headed home his HD ran out of fuel, since he was from Chi-town he knew the bike would disappear if he left it. A lawn maint guy gave him fuel in the AM.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At least you didn't get stuck on Alligator Alley. That is one lonely & long road with no help.
Soon as i get some good bags for the bike. Im going to be heading across it. Ive always wanted to ride to miami. I got friends that go regularly.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,556 Posts
Soon as i get some good bags for the bike. Im going to be heading across it. Ive always wanted to ride to miami. I got friends that go regularly.
That would be a legendary ride. Then Miami to Key West for the night. It would make a memorable few days on the road.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Ran the trail many times when I lived in Naples had a friend with a shack & a boat on Marathon Key.
Bout midway across the trail there is a rest area also a gas station nearby.
Stop @ the station it is next to a canal where a bunch of gators hang out waiting for food from travelers. Keep a lookout for the Giant Egrets bike pipes will spook them I have had them take wing & fly at me.
If you need to stop on the highway stay close to the road your crossing a swamp = snakes.
Luck.
Clarification: Old west coast FL residents call I-75 "the trail" the interstate became the main route to the east coast instead of hwy 41 the Tamiami trail .
I-75 is commonly referred to as "Alligator Alley".

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Or you could come down Tamiami Trail which is a little further south but has more stops a little cool places like Joannie's Crab Café, wildlife centers, national park rest stops & camp grounds.
If you do decide to head to the Keys hit me up as that is a great ride and literally a ton of small bars & restaurants all over on the waterfront. Prepare to sweat.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Or you could come down Tamiami Trail which is a little further south but has more stops a little cool places like Joannie's Crab Café, wildlife centers, national park rest stops & camp grounds.
If you do decide to head to the Keys hit me up as that is a great ride and literally a ton of small bars & restaurants all over on the waterfront. Prepare to sweat.
Will do. Where do you live at in florida. The tamiami trail is what id be taking. Feel free to add me on FB. https://www.facebook.com/cryptic.apathy If your close by im down to ride when ever im off work. I ride every day.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ran the trail many times when I lived in Naples had a friend with a shack & a boat on Marathon Key.
Bout midway across the trail there is a rest area also a gas station nearby.
Stop @ the station it is next to a canal where a bunch of gators hang out waiting for food from travelers. Keep a lookout for the Giant Egrets bike pipes will spook them I have had them take wing & fly at me.
If you need to stop on the highway stay close to the road your crossing a swamp = snakes.
Luck.
Bro... Im more scared of seagulls. I hit one going about 80. It ****** up my shoulder really bad. Ive had more close calls with those then any thing else on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I live deep south. In between Kendall and Homestead in a town called Cutler Bay. I usually don't ride during the week because I get up early, tons of traffic, use the car during the day to pick stuff up and stay late at work. But for sure I will hit you up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bike is not a device like a car that is released when the fuel runs out. You could easily refuel with a bottle and reach your destination.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts