RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo Hoooooo! Picked up my 260 fat tire kit from Crown (Jim) today! Despite the gawdawful weather all the way to Iowa and back, I couldn't help but smile. If anyone has any doubts or questions about the quality of work done by Jim, please ask me. I can assure you it is OUTSTANDING. The wheels, swingarm, hub, pully and rear brake are now the nicest finished peices on my bike! And to top it all off, Jim seems to be a real nice, genuine, stand up guy!

I'll start with assembly on Monday, but no pictures for a while, my tins are still being painted.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Scott said:
Woo Hoooooo! Picked up my 260 fat tire kit from Crown (Jim) today! Despite the gawdawful weather all the way to Iowa and back, I couldn't help but smile. If anyone has any doubts or questions about the quality of work done by Jim, please ask me. I can assure you it is OUTSTANDING. The wheels, swingarm, hub, pully and rear brake are now the nicest finished peices on my bike! And to top it all off, Jim seems to be a real nice, genuine, stand up guy!

I'll start with assembly on Monday, but no pictures for a while, my tins are still being painted.

Ha! Come **** or high water, I was getting my BWK this weekend too. I've got the same story on paint too. Time to go "inspire" my painter.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with gloss black powder coat. I'm very impressed with it - it has a mirror finish. The job was well done.

So...here's my plan....chrome core - just the normal engine covers. Everything else (eventually) will be black. Gloss black wheels, and swingarm, black handle bars, and my paint is candy apple red with a black and white checkered flag kinda going across the tank and fenders....I'm having a custom chopped fender made to fit the fattie, and a custom seat then to fit. My exhaust is going to be fuggin' fab s-14 in ceramic black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts