RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Toledo, OH on Monday. I'm flying up and plan on riding it back to Va.
I will probably only go 100 or so miles the first day and then get a hotel.
Anybody else done this?? Any tips or comments would be appreciated. Of course I'll take rain gear in my backpack, but really hope I don't need it!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I recall reading the '07 has yet again more pullback so hopefully your back can withstand the potential punishment of riding with a backpack.

It sounds like you know what you're doing - search for "break in" and "hard break in" on this site. My advice would be to find highways and avoid interstates. The straight lines of an interstate are boring, unkind and won't do your engine or tires favors. Check out highway routes and live it up!

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Just be careful not to keep it at one certain RPM for too long. Freeways are the worst way to break in an engine IMO. Find a route that will vary your speed A LOT. Also, higher revs aren't always a good thing. You need to be concerned with high engine load. Full throttle up to around 3500 RPM's will do just fine. Then let the motor wind down on its own. That repetition of accel and decel will set the rings quickly and you should only have to do it about 10 or 20 times and they are done.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Isn't it crazy that a dealer in Toledo Ohio can out sell a dealer 7 hours away by so much that he can fly down and ride back and they still won't Match the deal???? Welcome good luck

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
We got our FJR's from Honda East - good people.

There's a good burger joint just up the street at the light if you're looking for somewhere to hang while you're there for the night.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I got mine from the same folks...but I opted to ship it to NJ...great guys and I saved a ton of $$$!! Local dealers didn't come close to their #, even with the shipping costs!! Good luck with yo' new ride!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts