The rotten clip

Image Insert:

HC Pistons with no Honing required...

Image Insert:

Image Insert:

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Looks like you'll have a nice set of ashtrays soon enough. Guess your mechanic figured it'd be easier to pull the motor apart before removing it from the bike. I'm assembling mine in the frame as well, that mutha is a bitch to move around in one piece.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I'm picking mine up today with the HC pistons and recall. Took them 2 days, I just hope they did it right.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:Originally posted by JPWARRIOR

Looks like you'll have a nice set of ashtrays soon enough. Guess your mechanic figured it'd be easier to pull the motor apart before removing it from the bike. I'm assembling mine in the frame as well, that mutha is a bitch to move around in one piece.

A lot earier to remove as much as you can, makes it a lot lighter to lift.
I"ve been watching the whole operation as the dealer is a mate and doesn't mind me being there. He was saying that Yamaha only alow 9.5 hours to do this, OK if you've done it before, better to take your time and do it right

·
Registered
8 Posts
My baby is under going the knife right now, same color as yours. And man I've got to tell you, though I was curios as to how things might look, Those pics really hurt! I can only liken it to the time my child was in the emergency room receiving stitches, there I watched only being able to hold her hand and tell her it would be alright. Feeling helpless and wishing I could take the pain instead of her. Yes, that pretty much explains it.[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Ahhh... someone else who doesn't go for that high tech-fancy polished look -where you can't see it.
Hey Spenc. I think Bismarck has me beat on this account! Heads done, waiting on powdercoating and some other stuff! Should be up in two weeks. Hope there aren't critters making a new home in my cases. LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts