RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On top of some of the other things I have done to my bike since I can't ride it yet, has been to add stripes. I have always liked the look and am glad I did it.[8D] I used vinyl from a custom vinyl cutting shop. Whattya think?

Insert Image:

33.5KB

Insert Image:

33.94KB

Insert Image:

46.5KB

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
i like it, the red fits in with the other little red stock parts on the bike, emblem, red ring around the rims. Good job! you take off the back seat to stripe the fender?

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I think that looks really good on the midnight especially with the red line on the rims. Now you just need some red accents here and there.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
It looks good. I have debated on what to add to my midnight. I know that it needs some more red here and there, but I haven't been able to decide where I would add the red. Your idea is excellent and it fits the bike perfectly! Good job!

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
I like the red with the black, it works very well. Are you going to keep the stock Bazooka on Boggerdak? It's a bit too quiet for me.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Nice job, it does set it off nicely. Just a thought, but when I was lurking on this forum before I got my Warrior, someone posted pics of his bike where he had gone in with red paint and painted the inside of the allen heads, sorry I don't remember who, and it really looked good. I borrowed his idea on mine, using orange, and I like the added detail. Maybe someone will know who did it originally.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was thinking about keeping my midnite as black as possible, even getting rid of the red trim on the wheels. This actually brings 'adding red' to a whole new perspective. I LIKE! Very nice bike. Yes, I'm also a fan of the Bazooka. I wish Yamaha would make that pipe a bit louder and more obnoxious.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. I am working on right and left side covers that will be black with the red accents. I like some of the other ideas, too. Black seat with red piping[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] or maybe red stripe inserts[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

I would have ridden by now but as you can see in the background, the very wet & muddy dirt road I live on. If it wasn't the bikes maiden voyage then I probably wouldn't mind so much. Maybe Metzeler makes a 210 Enduro tire I can put on it[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif].

It is possible to get more sound out of the stock can. I used the search function on this site and figured out how to gut the stock muffler. I really like it now. The water heater look is one of the things that I originally liked about this bike. It is unique to the Warrior.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I like it,the red stripes really go with the black.Dig those bars and risers too. .......Frec......U.K..

·
Registered
735 Posts
boggerdak, I can't tell by the pics if you've done it or not but what about painting the 102 on your cam cover the same color red. I just did mine in silver last nite and love it. At NAPA they have bottles of Scratch Fix 2 in 1 which has a roller ball and brush (which worked the best, just need the steady hand) and multiple shades of red available. Had mine done in 15 minutes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts