RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning - if you do not want to see an 02 Titanium Warrior all apart for the recall work, do not follow the link
(sorry, I don't know how to link the pics directly 3 pics on my webpage - you can enlarge)

http://members.shaw.ca/CanShadowRider/Recall.htm

(note - dial up users - enlarging pics will be very slow - sorry)
pics were taken yesterday, She looks much better now! and I get her back for the weekend...

ps. my shop is doing everything right to make me happy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob...funny you mention that...today he had the motor all back together, but had the tires off (getting new rubber...) Guess I should have asked him to do it all at once....
Like I said, these pics are not to scare anyone, I trust my shop, and my mechanics. I just wanted to see what it looked like (also nice to see my parts are not lying on the floor).

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got the call today to bring my bike into the shop tommorow and I was in a good mood until I saw that picture! I don't trust anybody that is going to yank my bike apart like that. I'll let them do it but if I hear one weird noise...see one drop of oil....the bike is gone and i'll go back to a V-Max.

·
Registered
60 Posts
J...thanks for the warning.... I just wished I wouldn't have looked.... There went my delusion of my Warrior in the sterile clean room with a white coated, masked tech performing sugerey with a team of Yahama factory techs looking over his shoulder....I think I need a beer....or two...[V]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to all....I have had a few beers now, but in celebration. I guess I really trust the guys in my shop and know that they are doing a good job and stand behind their work.
I hope that everybody else feels good (as I do) once this is done (you should have seen how nice the engine looked all back together!)

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is a scary sight. Looks like sausage, don't want to see it made, but sure tastes good. Tomorrow's my bike's day at the doc's. It'll be ready in time for summer after all. Finally, with all the hassle it's gonna be done. Most of my buddies that bought the Roadstar 1600 still haven't received a call for this yet.

·
Registered
474 Posts
tHAT'S IT .I'm pulling the plug on the recall, I'm calling my dealer tomorrow to find out what steps I need to take to cancell the repair.
This is what I'm asking....
What happens if I refuse the recall?
Can the work be done out side Yamaha?
Would I be able to sue Yamaha if I reck after I turned down the repair?

I'm I delusional?

·
Registered
620 Posts
What a mess! But atleast it was all off the floor. After seeing that I feel sorry for the mechanics... One after another, the same thing over and over! That has to be terribly boring.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks like that dealer is atleast taking pretty good care and organization of the parts. Anyone seen that missing head bolt!!!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
A friend of mine is a Harley mechanic. Every time I visit him at the shop he's got several HD's de-boned for repairs and/or upgrades. The parts strewn around on the bench, floor and elsewhere in the pics you posted are typical of what goes on behind closed doors at the HD shop.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts