RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
years ago i was reading about a member that made a "better" pipe to replace the stock one on the rear cylinder so that the size was the same as the front. I've been searching and am having trouble finding it, is he still making them and after some time do you guys still think it's good to change to it from the stock?

·
Administrator
28,573 Posts
Controversial. Data did not support claims. Failed to fill paid orders. Customer complaints. It just became a big furball. Some loved it others felt cheated. Some said the stock stub pipe was sized to be the first diameter in a stepped header design (enhancing flow of expanding exhaust gases). Others not so much. It boiled-over and right or wrong the seller moved-on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Controversial. Data did not support claims. Failed to fill paid orders. Customer complaints. It just became a big furball. Some loved it others felt cheated. Some said the stock stub pipe was sized to be the first diameter in a stepped header design (enhancing flow of expanding exgaust gases). Others not so much. It boiled-over and right or wrong the seller moved-on.
Thank you, it's a problem i have, i like to see what new stuff is being done then wait to see if it sticks, but it gets hard to find again later.

I like the look of pcs pipe, and hope to put it in the works but still trying to figure out heat shields and coatings since theirs appears to be crap.

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
years ago i was reading about a member that made a "better" pipe to replace the stock one on the rear cylinder so that the size was the same as the front. I've been searching and am having trouble finding it, is he still making them and after some time do you guys still think it's good to change to it from the stock?
There are always 2-sides to a story and the general consensus was overwhelmingly positive for the BTK's Power Pipe fabrication by many of the early and late Hands-On members!

As stated above BTK aka Billy the Kid fell short on deliveries for his wide tire kits which eventually led to his demise, I'm saddened to say.
He was an excellent fabricator imho though I personally banged heads with him many times in the open forum :>)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are always 2-sides to a story and the general consensus was overwhelmingly positive for the BTK's Power Pipe fabrication by many of the early and late Hands-On members!

As stated above BTK aka Billy the Kid fell short on deliveries for his wide tire kits which eventually led to his demise, I'm saddened to say.
He was an excellent fabricator imho though I personally banged heads with him many times in the open forum :>)

I thought the reasoning was sound and i want too try to get as balanced as i can between the cylinders, has no one else replicated the pipe? It seems odd to consider other things that affect flow but overlook that.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
The Yamaha Speed Star Gen 1 exhaust system eliminated the rear cylinder exhaust "manifold" IIRC both pipes were the same overall length the pipes were 2" OD. From personal experience the pipe diameter was to large resulting in a loss of low RPM torque = not street friendly but possibly good for track use. I continually reduced the outlet diameter on those pipes to a final size of 1 & 11/16 to restore low RPM torque.
There was a company that would extrude hone the rear manifold (perhaps Orient Express?). I have never seen a dyno comp of that modified manifold vs stock or one of the touted BTK pipe vs stock. Both of those modifications were taken with a grain of salt by this author.

Suggest tuning the Warrior exhaust for torque the intersection line when the horse power curve crosses the toque curve is 5200 rpm on a dyno. The stock Warrior ECU rev limiter stutters the engine @ 5200 RPM = low horse power numbers.

Reactions: arizonawarrior

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Patrick racing use to bore out the small extension in their HP kits. My bike runs fantastic with btk's power pipe. It was a little pricey but i liked the idea of having matched exhaust ports and my bike pulls strong all the way up the RPM's. I have ivans flash so my RPM's go to 5800. BTK was a good fabricator and like Alan, i am sad he is no longer with us. I wish he would have been straight up with everyone and not ended up banned. I don't regret buying the Power Pipe.

·
Premium Member
8,823 Posts
The Yamaha Speed Star Gen 1 exhaust system eliminated the rear cylinder exhaust "manifold" IIRC both pipes were the same overall length the pipes were 2" OD. From personal experience the pipe diameter was to large resulting in a loss of low RPM torque = not street friendly but possibly good for track use. I continually reduced the outlet diameter on those pipes to a final size of 1 & 11/16 to restore low RPM torque......................
This might help to stimulate your memory my friend ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking more towards torque, i want 2 into 1, and I'm more in the middle with loud, i would be OK a little louder but i ride at nite a lot and don't want to be so loud i feel bad riding past neighborhoods. I had thought i would do Power Pipe and PCs Pipe with 2 baffle, it looked too give good clearance for lean angle, nice look, and some tune ability with Baffle change. Well let me have more options for bags and sound like good set up for torque-hp balance......i know how hard it is to get S* 2 into 1 exhaust so this seemed like best 2nd option for a look i like ..... any other thoughts I'm missing? I'm just beginning to consider trying slip on as a possibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts