RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,i have an 02 roadstar warrior that needs new fork tubes/or rechromeing.does anyone know where i could get a pair? they are no longer available from yamaha.i am leary about buying used ones as they may have the same problem.i am waiting on a reply from franks forks to see if he can make them,any advice will help,thanks

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Your talking about the Yamaha Accessories chrome fork covers correct?
If so those haven't been sold for many years and the only way to get some is used or getting lucky and seeing someone post a new set for sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your talking about the Yamaha Accessories chrome fork covers correct?
If so those haven't been sold for many years and the only way to get some is used or getting lucky and seeing someone post a new set for sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi rij1,i am talking about the inner fork tube that holds the wheel,brakes and fender,yamaha#5px-23120 and5px-23110 i think my only option now is having them rechromed,i will keep watching marketplace as well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Re chroming would look great however ( I base this on other bikes ) the redo will make the diameter bigger depending on how good the chrome job is. Another option if the putting isn’t too bad is have them polished. If you have a bench grinder with a buffer attached you can do it yourself. Can I assume that you don’t have those guards that cover the lower forks ( don’t know name ) ?😎😎🐝

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re chroming would look great however ( I base this on other bikes ) the redo will make the diameter bigger depending on how good the chrome job is. Another option if the putting isn’t too bad is have them polished. If you have a bench grinder with a buffer attached you can do it yourself. Can I assume that you don’t have those guards that cover the lower forks ( don’t know name ) ?😎😎🐝
thanks for the reply,i found a guy in toronto who specializes in repairing fork tubes for antique bikes,and or no longer available tubes. mayfair plating. i will have mine there this week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there are also R1 forks that work on Warriors.. may have better luck finding those..
there are threads out there detailing what years will fit
thanks for the info. ifound a guy in toronto to repair the tubes.mayfair plating,will have to wait for fork seals and dust covers,thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts