RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005/BAK/relocated Coils/PCV/Oil Cooler/Executioner Pipes/AIS Block off/
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the third exhaust on this bike that has begun to pit (surface rust but rough). Any ideas to solve this? I am running a PCV mapped for a 2-1 PCS monster pro pipe. did the curing as laid out by the manufacturer to cure the powder coat. Is my bike running to lean? to rich (no strong smell of gas when giving it throttle). Is this just environmental damage from the salty air and sunshine in florida?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The PCS exhaust is an amazing exhaust except it's made with cheap material. Salty Florida air could also be contributing to this as could be running too lean. Is the powder coat bubbling up or are you getting corrosion from the surface inward? Powder coat is great but if there's any corrosion existing on the surface it will usually bubble through.

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
First off what type of powder coating is it?
High heat?
What brand?
What type of prep was done? Some normal prep is bad for the high heat stuff
Also the high heat stuff is sensitive to high heat environment. So when my guy orders it, he overnites it so it doesn't get caught baking in a truck or warehouse.
Prep is 80% of the game when it comes to painting & coating. Also most powder coats are not good for high heat applications

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,868 Posts
@mkarman
From your signature area, you have Executioner pipes and you say you have a propipe map. If this is the case, then my bet is its running very lean in the bottom third and in the middle third rpm ranges. Higher heat can let any salts get trapped deeper in the chrome (or other coating).

+1 with @Heftysmurf about powder coats on exhausts. Ceramics are available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts